Thursday, March 30, 2006

don't be fooled

two weeks ago, i celebrated a friend's birthday with him and thought it would be nice to capture the whole cake blowing thing on my handphone.

two weeks later, i realise what a fool i am. for i am the only one who can watch the video.

as an after-event gift, i wanted to send him a copy of the video to add to his memory chest. only then did i realise that he did not have the software to play it back. he wasn't really enthusiastic to download the necessary program either. i tried to convert the mpeg4 file into something readable for windows media player....two weeks later, i am still trying. there is no way you can get free software to convert the file. microsoft and nokia made sure of that. so, for those who are thinking that the handphone is probably the best way to capture memorable events, please be warned that you are likely to be the only one left watching it.

today is my limb bending day again. just as i have recovered from the pain and aches, i am going to subject my body to torturous positions once more. all i can say to my dear friend is: i am sorry, but it is all for your own good. you will thank me when you are all fit and firm.

6 comments:

Admin said...

sorry can't help you with the conversion thingy. maybe auntie lilian can help.
i have done something within my capability though. see if you get more people here today.

King's wife said...

Sorry, I am also of no help. :(

Sounds like you are torturing yourself with yoga. If you are, then I can totally relate.

5xmom.com said...

Try checking out videozilla and see if it can convert. But there is a limited number of times you can use. Google tucows videozilla and download and use the trial version.

me said...

my dear ah pek, 2nd part say what? i "liak bo kiu"

king's wife: ya lor, yoga. you also like to torture yourself like that har?

5xmom: thxs for advice. given up hope and buried the bastard already.

King's wife said...

ya lah...
when i am panting and twisting, I always ask myself...why am i paying to be tortured?

me said...

my dear king's wife: to hear people say, "har? you don't look like you are xx year's old. what is your secret?"

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...