Monday, March 06, 2006

eh......can you please slow down?

what the ...............??!!!

i have been caught in a hit and run. it took me completely by surprise and it happened so fast. i took great care to note down the number plate immediately. it was 2006 and the thing that hit me was TIME.

i was happily going about my own business when i realised that time flew past me, at breakneck speed. i looked up and just managed to catch the glimpse of 2006's new year. sigh! in fact, i barely got over 2005's christmas. hey! i didn't even had a chance to revel in the 12 days of christmas. you know, the one where he is supposed to bring the drummers, pipers, maids, swans, french hens, turtle doves, partridge in a pear tree and whatever else. after my first christmas gift from leng chai, i waited and waited for the other 11. what would you know? it never came. maybe that's what distracted me from the flow of events. i was still waiting for the 11 gifts when someone told me it's already 14days into the lunar new year. and i didn't even have time to enjoy the christmas tree that i had painstakingly put up!

after christmas, quick on its' heels came new year . ok, fine, i'm adaptable.....so out goes the christmas tree and bring out the kazoos, party hats and poppers. i'm set for a countdown. maybe i can get to kiss some unsuspecting cute guys out there at the stroke of midnight. but before i have a chance to say 9...8....7...6.....new year was over!!!! hey, slow down a little, ok?

then came chinese new year, kor-kor's birthday, leng chai's birthday and now the first quarter of 2006 is nearly gone. help! someone....anyone......i'm drowning here, being sucked up by the quicksand called time. ok....so, maybe i am a liiiiitle bit slow in catching up with the festivities......and maybe it takes me a little time to warm up. but i never realised that by the time i actually manage to get in the mood for each ocassion, it has actually passed me by. when people are celebrating easter next month and hunting for all those yummy chocolate eggs, i may just be going out to get my saree for deepavali.

maybe i should start planning now for halloween in october.....then i will be just in the mood when the time comes. why stop there? i may as well get ready for 2007! throw away all the 2006 diaries and calendars now and change them with 2007's. so, when the new year actually comes, i'll be going like, "what took you so long? i was prepared 9 months ago?"

a little like my birthdays, i guess. at the start of this year, i convince myself that i am already 35 (yes, people, i am going to be 35 this year. no smirk remarks now) and so, when i actually turn 35 in september, i'll be like......"har? i thought i was 35 9 months ago. now only turn 35 ah?" i actually feel much younger! reverse pyschology, it works!!!

anyway, back to my story. i have just got used to dating cheques 2006 instead of 2005 (people who have been receiving cheques dated 2005 from me, stop screaming at me. i just need time to get used to it. you'll get cheques dated 2006 next year, don't worry.)

i want to enjoy each ocassion and festivities as they come and bask in the warm feelings that they bring. i want to appreciate each moment and store it for my memories. but how can i do that if you don't slow down? so people, if you see me wearing raya clothes in a christmas party, party hats for moon lantern festival, or holding lanterns for valentine, you know i am still desperately trying to catch up with that mean thing called TIME.

12 comments:

pt said...

I thought last year was fast, this year is even faster, like you said the 1st quater is nearly gone. I couldnt believe it too !!
You think it could be some weird-ward wind blowing at our earth at a speed faster than usual...hahahahha.
*sop sop* I also want it to slow down cos my age is catch up on me too. It goes up up but never never come back down....no good eh!
Hey, you sure ur 35, not the other way round, u seem to move pretty slow...oopps, sorry ah, dont mean to be rude, just kidding, ok.
Me, older than you, fatter than your pic...happy, smile, okie.

Admin said...

dunno why, but i always wished time will pass faster. maybe i'm just plain fedup and can't wait to meet my creator.

me said...

pt: whadya mean i move pretty slow?? kekekeke actually that's pretty true, considering you haven't met me. i read in the papers of a method to slow down time.....just do something that you really hate or bores you totally. you'll find that time crawls....harhar.

ah pek: i have always figured you for a happy-go-lucky and wise ah pek. don't go meet your creator so fast, ok? not until i have a chance to really know you. there is so much more in life. your poetry inspires, man. feeling down these days ah? go dig lin peh out for another round of or kau lah.

someone who wakes up every morning anticipating what ah pek commented in her blog. just imagine how boring my life will be without you in it.

me said...

ah pek, ah pek, quick go see "pink panther". sure to cheer up your mood. i gerlantee.

Admin said...

nolah... i'm not down. i have always been like that. we are but just paserbys in this world. so i always have this notion that i can quickly finish what i was sent here to do and finish this journey. but till today, i still haven't figured out what i am supposed to do. i'm just a number in the census. so i never take life too seriously. i write silly, senseless stuffs. i try not to rant too much.
ok stop.

me said...

ah pek, you in a hurry ah? got where to go after death? got sexy bimbo waiting for you there ah? true, we are passerbys but what we do and say touch so many others and affect their lives. we can inspire, like your poetries do and we can bring happiness, as you do to my life. we are not just census, eventhough the dept of statistics say we are. kekeke. we make a difference. and i like your rantings..and the silly senseless stuffs also lah.

me said...

by the way, some of us are not meant to do big, "wai tai" missions in this lifetime, like ghandi and mother theresa. some of us are just sent here to touch others' life. maybe becos of your wisdom and inspiration, somewhere, deep in the blogosphere, someone decided not to end their life after reading your stories. ta dah!

what lah. i'm the one adding all the comments in my own blog...like this can go up till 60 comments, like datindiaries' lor. wahhhh, to people who don't bother to check out the comments, look like damn popular man. :-) kekeke.

Admin said...

yeah... u ar right. sometimes i think i am here just to raise my kids, and that's all to it. maybe one day my children will become somebody. if not maybe my grandchildren. then i still do get a little credit don i?

Admin said...

and just to make your comments numbers add up, i realised that the reason i want time to go by quickly is not because i can't wait to die.
It's because i can't wait to fullfull all my obligations and then live a carefree life. I can't wait to pay up my morgatge, i can't wait till all my childred graduates. I can't wait for my insurance to mature. That's why I want time to fly by because all these will take another 10 years. 10 long years. i hope time will fly...

me said...

haiyoh ah pek. looks like only 2 of us here making the comments number go up. you want faster, faster, you forget that this 10years is your life lah. people keep waiting for something, thinking their life will be better when that time comes, but they forget the time in between. that's their life also mah. what if that 10years don't come and what you get is only 10years left (choi! but trying to make a point lah). you make the most while waiting. don't look so far ahead that you forget to look around you, ok? *big smile for ah pek* everybody got problems, 10 years later you will only have NEW problems. kekeke

pt said...

Sorry mslenglui using yr space to write a note to ah pek.

Hey dear ah pek, to be able to write what you have written in all your postings, you hv already achieved alot. I am only guessing... writing must be your passion, to write and to be able to made ppl like and enjoy your silly or senseless stuff, is already something. Me, i see most of the stuff you wrote, are everyday life situation and very down to earth.
Could this be your 'mission' sent down by "na no na no" ? hah hah, to past yr time and made it snappy to reach yr 10 years quickly. Imagine if you dont do this, the 10 years will be like 20 years..right!
Hey, I think every parent want their children to have a better life. I am sure both yr wife n yourself are doing a good job with them. Spending quality time with them, guidance is very important. Ten years is kacang puteh and with weird wind blowing ...all will be in a jiffy...a blink of an eye, already 10 years and you will be pao-paoing n playing with your grandchildren. Imagine all yr children will back home with their children WOW.. one big happy family reunion.
You must consider yourself lucky, I am not! I dont have children so what do u think my life in 10 years would be like. I have obligations too and trying to fulfill them the best I can but u are one step better, u have your children, come grandchildren to look forward to. So, I have to made do the best of everyday, each day so we just have to be happy lah and put on a contented smile daily. Like I said all in a jiff ..
come tomorrow will be Year 2016.

Admin said...

thanks pt, you are my soulmate.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...