Friday, April 14, 2006

thoughts for today

argggghhhhh! today is another frustrating day.....so be prepared to listen to me vent my steam.

as a follow-up to my post on the stupid services of astro, i received their monthly bill today. i am sure you will not be in the least surprised to hear that they have charged me for the non-existent box office movie that i purportedly tried to subscribe last month.

i called to complain and had to endure their "you have 7 phone calls ahead of you" - which i had promised myself the last time that i will never put myself through again. when it was finally my turn, i gave them all the relevant information.......and they passed me to another department, where i had to repeat everything i said. this young chap picked up, by which time i was steaming, and i gave him all my details - with my temper hanging on by a thin thread. when he claimed that i did activate the box office subscription, i exploded and gave him a piece of my mind, my voice rising slightly with each word of the whole story that i had to repeat. in the end, i think i frightened him into reversing the charge.

we shall see in next month's bill.

********************************************

i don't know how i manage to do it. yesterday, i ended up waiting for 3 people to get back to my messages...well, 4 to be exact. and....nada. zilch. total silence.

i sent out text messages to 2 people........and they never came back with any reply. don't you just hate to be on the waiting end? it kind of keeps your life on limbo. i started to wonder whether maxis' system was working efficiently or for some unknown reason, my friends are avoiding me. since i manage to receive messages from other people.....could it be the latter reason?

i called one of them today....and he gave me some excuse about the message not getting in. is maxis boycotting me? i think not. anyway, we talked and managed to come to an agreement about our plans - faster than any number of sms would.

people seem to think that texting is the most convenient invention for the handphone. i think it is a burden of mankind. it keeps you guessing about the reaction of the other party and also restricts what you have to say to a limited number of words. having said that, i am also guilty of over-relying on it.

i was supposed to call the 3rd person but i texted him instead, saying that i will call him at a later date. he called the very next day but it was not a good time for me to chat. so, he told me that he will call me again.....that was 3 days ago.

another friend promised he will call me....but after waiting for several months, i decided to call him instead. he told me that he has lost his handphone some time ago and my number with it.....hmmmm......i seem to be on the receiving end of a lot of excuses.........is it me..or is it them?

time to do some soul-searching..........

10 comments:

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

hiya tot I'd drop by and say hi! yea know how u feel about the text msgs bit ... better to hear a voice sometimes
have a good one!

lickoholic said...

It certainly is frustrating to be at the waiting end especially on urgent matters.

Admin said...

follow me. chuck astro. chuck the cellphone. live in eternal bliss.

seefei said...

i married my wife cos she never failed to take my calls during the last 3 months that i was courting her long distance. i felt that she was always there for me and that was all i needed in this everyone is busy world. someone who is always there for you.

Cocka Doodle said...

Why are those ppl avoiding your calls?
Are you one of those in the MLM business? LOL

pt said...

Hi, just drop by to wish HAPPY EASTER .... smile, cheers

me said...

my dear fantasyflier: hey, thanks for dropping by but your behind must hurt a lot....next time come, no need to drop lah. kekeke. ya, ya, ya....good to hear a voice...so comforting...then why do we spend so much time hiding behind our computer and blog leh hor?

my dear lickoholic: that's why my hair is falling out in patches where i pull at it in frustration.

my dear mr. handy: why visit using this name liao? why not ah pek anymore? selling your new blog leh? kekeke. that's why i always consider you the wisest in the whole blogoshpere..you have achieved what we mere mortals have been trying to achieve all our life.....simple uncluttered life. question: are you happy?

my dear fei: wah! so romantic....but hor.....you mixing with wrong people ah? supposedly your good friends will always have time for you mah. if not, chuck them. kekeke.

my dear cock: i also ask myself that question..why are they avoiding me? i never try to sell them anything also.....after serious soul-searching.....i come to the conclusion that they are not avoiding me but i am also not important enuf to them for them to put me as first priority loh. :-(

my dear pt: thanks. hope you had a good time hunting for eggs and are having a good trip so far.

Admin said...

to answer your question "Am i happy?"
well, you can say, i have one less frustration.
so if i have 20 frustrations that make me not so happy, i now have only 19.
I'm making a very concerted effort to lessen the remaining ones and i don't think i'll achieve it in this lifetime!

Helen said...

Sms is fine if there is nothing important or urgent involved. If, it's urgent just call lar!! lol

Lenglui, I understand ur frustration waiting on the other end, that is why, dun wait, call!!

Mr handy - U got no h/p meh?? Aiyah, if like dat, how can I send love sms to u????

Admin said...

i'm starting to worry about you. if no mood to blog then just drop a line somewhere. ok?

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...