Friday, May 05, 2006

a tribute to mother.......'s silent supporter

when i said i will be a vegan for a little while, he didn't ask why. he didn't make a fuss nor try to influence my decision. he just made sure i had enough to eat.he was always careful to select places where i can find suitable nourishment to fill my tummy and silently supported by decision. he didn't try to tempt me with other food or try to break my resolve.

when he knew my best friend was sick and i have to visit her in the hospital daily, he didn't show his displeasure at the disruption it caused to the family's schedule. he took over the chauffering of the kids so that i can visit her with a peaceful mind. and when i am too tired to drive all the way to the hospital, he personally sends me there and waits quietly while i talk to her.

when he comes back after a long day at the office, he reaches for me and gives me a back rub because he knows that i had an equally stressful day.

when i send cher-cher to school even before the sun is breaking, i come back to a warm loving breakfast that he has prepared for me. sometimes, he even includes a small note to brighten my day.

when he knows i feel trapped in the daily grind of a mother's life and is suffocating, he dates me for a movie and a romantic dinner.

when he comes home at night, the first thing he does is switch on the water heater so that i can have a warm shower. and the second thing he does is re-charge the handphone for his very absent-minded wife.

he is always there to remind me how to be a good mother, a good daughter and a good person.

if i am a good mother, it is because i have him and his love.

11 comments:

lickoholic said...

Lucky YOU!!!

Robin said...

so lucky.. and such a good 'he'

may said...

I love this tribute. more often than not, the man behind every woman gets a little shadowed when it comes to family matters (we always say we love Mom first before Dad!).

you're one lucky gal to have your 'silent supporter'. :)

Admin said...

you living with god ah?

sengkor said...

'he' is a human, right? and not some gadgets like u always trick us :)

anyway, it's great to hv someone supportive around, no matter what happened..

me said...

dear lickoholic: ya, i know.

dear robin: i think so too. unfortunately, we don't always know to appreciate those closest.

dear may: cos they always so silent mah, but i guess it's not their style to make a ruckus about it.

dear ah pek: another da vinci code story meh. god married a woman and have kids!!!!! nanti all those pro-christian people come after me!

dear seng kor: no lah, this time never pull your leg. poor thing. kena tipu so many times until reluctant to belief lenglui jer-jer already. cannot be so cynical mah, must maintain your trusting nature. :-)

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

wee weet, u one lucky lady, so romantic
now if I can only train the squirrels to turn on the phone charger for me....

Helen said...

I wanna see that man!!!!! U lucky thing!!! lol

BTW, see, see, everytime we write about nice guys, we sure draw criticism from the male bloggers.... lol

me said...

dear karipapboy: wah! love-affair with squirrels. that belong to the 4D territory. i don't even want to imagine! kekeke.

dear helen: ya lor, i guess they feel the pressure of comparison. don't worry, guys. we must always focus on the good side of each person mah...this 'god-like' man also got many many bad points lah.

5xmom.com said...

Yahor....tks for reminding me that. I thot I got superwoman gene but now, I think I am married to superman and that's how I turn superwoman too.

helen - They all jeles la. They dun get this public declaration of love mebbe?

Cherry said...

sweet tribute to the ... supporter.
hmmm i should (at least mentally) start listing the good things my supporter did for me .. starting with giving ALL ALL ALL his monthly paycheck to me and ask back an amount enough for his expenses only ...

- blog hopping frm 5XMoms (sape lagi) and dropping by a comment.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...