Wednesday, June 07, 2006

the amazing amazement

the micro network of nerves and vessels in my body are blocked today and i am unable to conjure up the words that i need to express myself properly. bear with me...and at anytime that i seem to be lost and ranting nonsensically, humour me.

anyway, today i want to talk about the powers that be. what does that mean? even wikipedia have no idea what i was asking. or is it that i just don't know how to ask. to me, in this modern age, the powers that be is the internet.

i have never realised the power of the super information highway. i do look up the net for any information that i need but it's such a hassle to sieve through all that information for the exact one that i want. but lately, this 'thing' has become like a second skin to me. read on.

last year, a guy found me through some 'lost friends' website that i have registered ages ago. it seems that he went to the same primary school and college that i did. he also studied in the same town for uni. bearing in mind that all three sites were in different countries, i see it as a great coincidence. or maybe fate. he could even name common friends and teachers, despite the fact that he was one year my junior. it amazes me that someone i do not know matched my footsteps in life so closely. anyway, he turned out to be some kind of semi-stalker. well, i never said that it is a good thing.

then, my cousin managed to track down my very first puppy love. this i have blogged about, so there's not much to say on it, until i meet up with him again. still, it just boggles my mind that people i have not seen or heard of in ages, suddenly become very accessible to me.

last week, i decided to google my best friend in singapore, during my secondary school days. yes, there was one single match for that name and i had a very strange feeling. call it intuition. call it premonition. i was very sure that this lady was
the friend that i have lost contact with ages ago. there wasn't any doubt in my mind. if you have ever searched for a person on the net, you will know that there are thousands of people out there with the same name and the chances of you finding the one that you want is next to never.



i took the chance that this lady will think of me as a perverted sexual creep and sent an e-mail to her. lo and behold. she replied and yes, she is the one and the same. i am really excited. to be able to find my friend again after all these years. people that i have written off and resigned to becoming just a memory. i just feel like dancing and jumping around with joy and excitement but i refrain myself for the only reason that i am a sensible and practical person.

there are more. two years ago, i think, i googled a guy who discarded me like a moth-eaten cloth eons ago. i thought we were dating and everything was going smoothly. suddenly, he stopped contacting me and just disappeared from the face of the earth, or was it just from my life. with no explanation whatsoever. anyway, i found him and know him to be happy and healthy. that's all i ask then.

hmmm....speaking of which, there is another guy just like that. but i have never managed to locate him. is it me or are these guys too wimpy? what is it about them? as far as i know, i have never devoured another person alive, so the least they owe me will be an explanation or a closure. jerks. i really did have very bad vision back then. anyway, i'm digressing.

i've also found other friends, but at the moment, i do not have the initiative to contact them. or the motivation. maybe one day when my spirit and body is moving in harmony.

there are others that i have not been able to find. but i believe it's just a matter of time. for one reason or another, your name will come up on the internet. hopefully, it's not when you are arrested for streaking across the city hall or when you decide to pocket that $50 bill that do not belong to you (yes, you know i am talking about you *grins*) Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

titoki said...

Yay!!! FIRST.

So what are you going to do about your long lost friends?

Are you going to call up a gathering or something? :)

me said...

hurray! so clever today.

you mean run around naked like with your gathering? and then end up with a migraine? hahahaha. i don't think so. anyway, they are all from different times of my life, so i guess individual reunion lor.

Wuching said...

hey! maybe u & i used to play together! u never know...

lickoholic said...

One should not sit at home feeling broody for those long lost friends. Should instead cherish the happy mements or memories of the time spent together.

may said...

I feel the ebb and flow of friendship coming in waves, and ever so high these days. it's almost to a point where there are so many whom I thought I could turn to for a shoulder to lean on, yet no one really fits the bill because I felt that I'm not close enough to any of them.

long lost friends are great to be in touch with again, for sure.

and yes, guys could be so wimpy sometimes. what do they want, really?

seefei said...

"a guy...discarded me like a moth-eaten cloth..." got pho ying one...don't play play. but love means you let him go & wish him well, right?

we (ACS boys) are doing wat you mentioned right now. we found one fren in UK that we lost eons ago. we are still looking...objective for a gathering to watch world cup final in ipoh...guys moh liew hor!!

Ianfluenza said...

Haha... I didn't take the $50 note okay... On another note, guys wishfully expect issues and things to regulate themselves because they usually have no control over predicting women's thoughts and hence do not want to go through the trouble of trial and error, while girls need closure in any case, no matter how minor or serious that issue has ended, as long as it is not adjourned. Freaky lah...

me said...

dear wuching: hmmm...maybe. sixth degrees of separation, that's what everybody says.

dear licky: hey, i'm not brooding. i'm actively looking for them and meeting up with them to catch up on old times.

dear may: i feel exactly the same. you want to have someone to listen to your sorrows but yet don't feel that anyone around is that close yet. as much as we desire such closeness, it can't be forced. sad, i guess. it's all in the hands of fate.

dear see fei: hey, my bro's from acs. what year are you looking for? got to hurry, you've got like one month left.

dear ian: haha. i know you didn't take the $50, hence you are not in the news yet *grins*. wow! from a guy's point of view. deepppppp. i'm sure guys have their own reasoning, as nonsensical and warped as it may be *ducking flying slippers*

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

the butterfly effect? or the you will find what you are looking effect? or the someone flicking his skirt up effect?
we may never know...LOL

Cocka Doodle said...

Lenglui wrote-"there are more. two years ago, i think, i googled a guy who discarded me like a moth-eaten cloth eons ago. i thought we were dating and everything was going smoothly. suddenly, he stopped contacting me and just disappeared from the face of the earth, or was it just from my life. with no explanation whatsoever."

You mean...it..it was you??
But...but were'nt you....err..erm?? Geez...it's truly a small world after all.
I had to disappear....I had to go away. I could never fully penetrate a woman with thunderous thighs! LOL

me said...

dear ff: yes, we will never know

dear cocka: blooooody cocka! i never so 'yau ngan moe chee' lah. the thunder thighs all the better to grab you with.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...