Thursday, June 01, 2006

my dear buttercup

i love flowers and greens. i really do. those long-flowing colourful blooms, those beautiful posies...but they have the strangest habit of dying on me.

once in a while, i will pick up all my gardening tools and attend to those little potties sitting on my balcony. it's calming and relaxing when you work with your hands, leaving your head empty and clear for a little while. but it's unrewarding for all of them have a tendency to wilt and shrivel away. maybe the key word is in the 'once in a while'. *grins*. maybe i have not been paying them enough attention and tender loving care on a regular basis.

in the back of my mind, i know that they need regular maintenance. i just can't seem to remember to do it. or find the time slot to attend to them. oh, they have their usual doses of water for them to survive but that's just about all they have. their fertilisers and pruning will have to wait until they reach their place in my priority list......which is pretty far down at the moment.

i complain to hubby dearest that i don't have a green thumb, or anything resembling that slightest tinge of colour for that matter. when i have the time to look after them, i have a tendency to drown them with too much tlc (tender loving care). either way, they seem to be on the losing end.

there is one little beautiful green sitting near my bathtub. and because it stands alone in that forsaken place, it tends to be forgotten. everytime that my glance happens to fall on it fortuitously, it is dried and drooping. but still, it manages to survive.

infact, the other day, i caught one trying to run away. i am dejected, but i shall not give up.

flower-lovers, please don't set the witch-hunt on me. i really love them to bits. i just don't have a very good memory.

14 comments:

may said...

I'm just as bad! I love greens and the flowers in the garden tended by my mom and brother, but I can't remember to water them often. maybe I have grey fingers. if it were left to me, I think they would've forsaken me a long long time ago...

ah pek said...

well, arranging dry flowers is also and art. maybe you should take it up as you already have a good foundation.

me said...

dear may: heehee, looks like we have so many things in common.

dear ah pek: they dry up and jadi habuk, cannot arrange. touch only, disintegrate. and all leaves fall on the floor. unless use uhu glue lah :-( actually flower arranging is another thing i betul tak ada skill. if got competition on how to make flower arrangement look the worst, i will emerge the winner :-)

Wuching said...

get some plastic ones, no maintenance needed!

titoki said...

Okay.

Seriously my friend.

Flowers?

Grow them with tlc?

Call me a n00b. I only know how to pluck them.

LOL. ;p

lickoholic said...

For some unfathomable reason my wife gave away many pots of natural plants and throwing away from the house all artificial flowers that she had so painfully learned to arrange.

Maybe she has grey fingers like you.

Ben Tan said...

a flower joke for you:

Someone sent flowers to someone who was moving to other state for a job promotion. Someone
also sent flowers the same day to a funeral for a friend. The Flower Shop got the cards mixed up. They sent the card to the guy who was moving that said,
''RIP'', and sent the card to the funeral home that said, ''I know it's hot where you're going, but you deserve it.''

King's wife said...

I like all your 'drawings'.

Ianfluenza said...

I noticed you've beginning to add drawings to your posts... Nice! And good luck with the greeneries.. practise makes perfect!

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

i think its easy to keep plants, but then I got a green thumb :D hehe

me said...

dear wuching: plastic ones not that nice mah....

dear titoki: mother never teach you "yeh far pat yiu choi"? (don't pluck wild flowers) :-)

dear licky: wife growing through a stage....be careful :-p

dear bentam: funnnnnnneeeeee. maybe i should send a rip card to my flowers too

dear king's wife: ahhhh...someone with good taste. thank you.

dear ian: another with good taste. thank you too. practice doesn't make perfect. practice make more murders...of flowers, in my case.

dear fantasyflier: hmmmm...can do thumb transplant to me ah?

Cocka Doodle said...

Grow wild flowers for hubby la..
Yeh faa tub beet hiong....
(wild flowers smell better) LOL

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

make sure plant has plenty of water
add fertiliser once a month, a wee bit like 1/4 teaspoon for a bowl sized pot, get lots of light, there
green thumb transplanted :D

me said...

dear cocka: and so, on average, how many wild flowers do you pick every week ? *grins*

dear fflier: thanks for the tip. i'll try. you know what, i think i dreamt about your name last night. somewhere, like on a poster or something, i read the name fantasyflier and remembered that it was supposedly a blogger. but that's all i remember of the dream. strange.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...