Tuesday, September 12, 2006

not another birthday post!

:-D

it is actually quite embarrasing. to have everybody keep wishing me happy birthday , yet it is not even my birthday. i feel like i am carrying on a birthday scam or something.

initially, i wanted to talk about birthdays, birthdays and nothing but birthdays for the rest of the week. however, i am fast running out of things to talk about and i am beginning to bore even myself. i will content with dropping the word 'birthday' all over today's post.

however, i will not go without kicking. i will mention that i know 15 people whose birthday falls in the month of september. this is probably the most popular month of the year for the little ones to come out hollering....for the obvious reason that mummies and daddies have nothing better to do on christmas day, new year eve and even new year's day. so, the most obvious entertainment, especially with all the festive alcohol swimming inside you, will be to.....(sorry, this is a PG site). infact, september is almost like a land-mine. move a few steps and you find yourself in close proximity of another bomb, and depending on the relationship with the bomber, you may find your wallet blown to smithereens!

today i managed to locate some de-bonder, to unglue my heavy bottom from the chair and send it off to the nearest supermarket for some household essentials. it was a pretty uneventful chore, until a man walking towards me from the opposite direction took an uncanny interest in the contents of my cart.

okay, we all do it too. usually, we will look out of the corners of our eyes at other people's carts and smirk knowingly at the 'junk-food middle-aged man' or the 'health food fanatic'. manners dictate that we usually do it with as much discreetness as we can muster. however, this fella was nearly sticking half his head in my cart, i tell you. he practically had his eyes glued to the contents, to the point that i nearly wanted to ask him, 'is there something in here that you want?' even when i blatantly ignored him and continued pushing my cart away, he kept his vision glued to the inside of my cart. not pretty little me, mind you. the cart. his head nearly turned in the style of 'exorcist' trying to keep up with my moving cart. some of you may believe that he is from a brands research company but i am more convinced that he comes from the 'bbp' category - busy-body pervert.

next stop - the dry cleaners. the man behind the counter was taking his own sweet time to locate my clothes, and as you know there isn't much action or entertainment going on in the wash and press place, so i entertained myself with the price list. yes, very happening and exciting - not! :-p

anybody wants pressed flat undies, without any wrinkles or folds, at $2.50 per piece? i know just the place to go. superman may just be interested, let me give him a call.

 Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

me said...

to all: before anyone have a chance to wish me happy birthday again today, today is not my birthday either. anyway, thank you for all your sweet wishes.

lickoholic said...

Then, when is your birthday?

may said...

hmmm... RM2.50 a piece? that's good business leh! but... why would anyone wanna iron underwear? unless you want nice and warm toasty "buns"... teehee!

Las montañas said...

The maid irons everything including underwear. So neat and prim and proper; perfect for ME!

Las montañas said...

happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me.

seefei said...

hahaha... cant make out the truth but i like the way your attract the attention of bbp. he who is lost will find his way when follow silai which suspicious look down the aisle of a neighbourhood supermarket.

i like this post, very seinfeld!

me said...

dear licky: for me to know, for you to find out? nah, you will know post-event.

dear may: that's my question exactly. who would want to have their underwear ironed?!

dear lm: neat and prim - wannabe only. and even i don't have my underwear ironed. waitaminit! it does come back nicely folded and very neat....so maybe you are not wrong. well, at least i don't send it to the dry cleaners to have it pressed at $2.50 per piece.

and arrrrrghhhhhhh! by the rate you are wishing me happy birthday, it's probably my 50th birthday coming soon!

dear fei: what?! they are all nothing but the thruth. not exageration even! you like? i am not particularly happy about the fact i am attracting weirdos and potential perverts. or rather this time, my shopping cart is doing it.

Las montañas said...

ME: silk undies better don't trust the iron/ironer.

and who said that birthday wish was for you?

me said...

dear lm: your imagination getting the better of you, naughty. silk undies? a little outdated.

you sang 'happy birthday to me' mah. and since you are a saggitarius, it's definitely not your birthday. soooooooo, how are you going to even try to turn that? :-p

Las montañas said...

But I'd like to be virgo. Don't I sound like one? please??...

me said...

dear lm: hmmmmm....let's see. your place is an orchid jungle..so, you don't qualify for the fastidious neatness test. but you do sound practical, maybe as a result of your old age. kakakaka. loyalty? hmmm, to orchids i think. tendency to overanalyse situations.....don't see you doing that. all in all, taaaat, you don't qualify. :-p sorry, can't change traits lah. if can, i would have let my hair down a little very long ago.

ian said...

ah lor.. i tot your bday past liao... sheesh!

ian said...

EeEEEEeeE? LM also sagi meh? Hello fellow Sagi...

And Ms. ME, I most certainly did not do anything to bar you from commenting on my blog. Maybe the moderators found out about your terroristic bombardments all these times and decided to give you a break. Muahahaha!

But I knew you won't stop tryin'

Las montañas said...

hello ian! now we have more reason to turn the tables on ME. Lets plan our next attack.

Robin said...

oh dear.. it is also happening to me yesterday,

I am on first week of Libra

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

how about a pressed tee shirt bra? now that'll be something to ogle at LOL

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

btw, nice an toasty buns from a nice and hot straight from the dryer is heaven....in winter...

me said...

dear ian: that's why i told those guys to stop singing happy bday to me! i just talk about birthday only, the whole group wish me already. sheesh! what can i do? don't talk about the subject of birthdays ah?

actually lm is not saggi. that fella very secretive. asked him half a dozen times, he still refuse to answer. guessing he's a scorpion but not sure. dunno lah. see if you can pry it out of him.

re bombarding..getting a little boring, seeing there is absolutely no resistance from the enemy lah. oh, i'm sorry i read wrongly. you mean to turn the table to YOU! ok, this friday! let me check my schedule...

dear lm: perish such thought!! bombardment may cause danger to personal safety! i said you saggi, you tak ada response when you know full well you are not. banyak secretive lah you.

dear robin: libra? Diplomaitic and urbane, Romantic and charming, easygoing and sociable, Idealistic and peaceable. i know the peaceable part is correct. that means the last week of sep, right?

dear ff: pressed t-shirt bra? does things doesn't look nice flat! and hot buns means dead sperms. more meaning than one when they say sterile.

Las montañas said...

NEVER tell a virgo your birthday! They'll analyse the hell out of you.

Wuching said...

thankz but no thankz! i do my own undies washing & ironing! hehe!

me said...

dear lm: must go and check which horoscope sigm is so kiasu and kiasee. infected by your red dot counterparts already lah. learn to open up, my friend, open up. kakaka.

dear wuching: i tot superman will sure want neat wrinkle-free undies to wear on the outside for the world to see?

Helen said...

It's not expensive if you're in the profession with the need to showcase your nice, all crisp undies. Male strippers? lol

me said...

dear helen: hey, you're back! was getting a little worried about your absence. i can just imagine all those dollar bills tucked neatly into the hot pressed leopard-print underwear. can you imagine the cleaner's face when he looks at the undies? esp those with an elephant trunk sticking out from the center! kakakaka. 'encik, ini tak boleh press-lah'.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...