Wednesday, October 04, 2006

it's back!

from a distance, i could see a friend walking towards me.

as he walked nearer......

me: hey there! i haven't seen you for quite some time. how are the kids? and your missy? we really should get together soon. catch something to drink, talk about old times. what do you think? i really miss the group.

him: who the hell are you??!!!

me: *pushing aside the thick haze infront of me* ......wha??!!! sorry!

for those who are not presently in the heart of the malaysian city center, amen!, we are under seiged by a blanket of thick white and smelly smoke. gone is the malaysian skyline, gone are the famous twin towers. infact, my hand right infront of my face has also done a disappearing act.

once, it used to be headline news when we were attacked by this invisible monster, describing in great details the source of the smoke and the risk rating we were in. now, it's old news that just barely makes a small section tucked away somewhere in the corner of the dailies. we don't know why, we don't know how. here today, hopefully gone tommorow (cross our fingers). meanwhile, can i hold my breath?

some of you were enchanted with my photo-taking skills recently. ahem! as today's entertainment, i bring you a picture of the malaysian skyline, complete with the towering skyscrapers and the majestic kl tower.




i swear it's all there. you just have to strain your eyes a little bit more to see them. all part of malaysia's reality.

cough! cough! cough! choke....... *fainted*

11 comments:

Las montañas said...

omg!!!

tats why they say, good neighbours always share things wan.

Las montañas said...

BUT i must comment you on your excellent photography skill!!! didn't open the lens cover huh?

may said...

(LOL @ Dr. WhoAmI up there!!)

yea, the haze is back. despite it raining a couple of nights ago, heavy one too, it just doesn't breathe any easier. can't wait to see blue skies again.

*whips out the face mask... draws a smiling mouth on the front...*

seefei said...

your fotographi is improving... fog also can take muahahaha....

make sure you hub dont use the same xcuse to hug another woman hor!

Wuching said...

aiyo, u kenak spammed big time like me last week!

me said...

what the fa?????!!!!!! i turned on the word verification!!! how could this happen. and from someone more long-winded than me! now you guys cannot say my comments are long-winded anymore, catch a hold of the horsey's. woaaaa! he lost my attention after the seventh line....what is he on about??!!! sigh! riveting?!!! my blog?! kakakakaka. that's the joke for today. but spam mail or not, i think i should reply, for the sake of good manners.

dear dr. whoami: thank you for your lengthyyyyy (ahem!) comments. have you heard of concise? the length of your comment has left most of us distracted and unable to focus on the main point of your speech. i like the horsey avatar though. remember....short is sweet!

dear lm: this one good neighbour ah? my ears will be ringing non-stop if this fella was staying next to me!

what didn't open lens? you cannot see the outline of the twin towers meh? actually, this is an eye test that has been approved by sirim and the govt.

dear may: sheesh! don't encourage that horsey! blue skies? what are they, ah? skies are blue in colour meh? i have forgotten.

dear fei: this photo must use a little imagination lah. colourful photos, anybody also can take lah. foggy ones, with a slight hint of the skyline..that one not easy hor. must have right timing, ie. when there is haze around.

ha! you naughty little boy! you were thinking about all types of excuses to give your home ministry for hugging a woman lehhhh. *wagging finger*

dear wuching: *scratching head* i also don't understand why? i already turn on word verification. how these spammers get thru leh?

Anonymous said...

Heh heh...this time you lost to Dr.Whoami. Step down & loose your crown woman! Back to reality, yep the haze is really bad, I'm sorry for those who has asthma. The construction site workers next to my house is still doing open burning. I'm so pissed, should I report them ah?

Las montañas said...

immomsdaughter: I think I'll do that if I'm in the little red dot. Seems like the haze is quite bad. sigh, hope that is not going to spoil my trip next week to malaysia.

me said...

dear imd: kekeke. finally! someone who is more long-winded than me. i hand over the crown willingly. yes! report those idiots who are contributing to this haze! please note that i am commenting that with tongue in cheek; cos i have workers doing open burning and working till late at night and i never had the guts to report them. also, please note: use a public phone when reporting and avoid all use of your real name. kekeke.

dear lm: next week ah? that's a long time awayyyyyy. if it doesn't improve, at least it'll be less crowded in malaysia, cos the rest of us would have died. you just stopping at penang, or will you make a stop at kl?

Cocka Doodle said...

Aiyoh...for a moment I thought yours also became a yeh soe blog wor. LOL

me said...

dear cocka: god bless you :-)

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...