Tuesday, February 27, 2007

the evil one

i'm wondering.

everywhere that i go, people are always telling me how much i look like someone they know. from the neighbourhood wanton mee aunty, to the hair stylist, to the lady behind the counter. usually it will be ladies who make these passing remarks; coming from a guy, i'll freak out and imagine that it is some sort of cheap pick-up line. my face is somehow familiar to them, though none of them can pinpoint exactly whom i bear a resemblance to.

i don't subscribe to the theory of a doppelganger but i must say it unnerves me somewhat to imagine that somewhere, somehow, there is someone that looks somewhat like me. if i'm the good one, is she my evil un-twin? does she go around burning houses, robbing old women and kicking babies? how can it be that two person from different conception look alike? my long lost relative who was mistakenly exchanged at birth whilst in the hospital cot perhaps? the freaky thing perhaps is that it wasn't just that one or two near-sighted people who told me this. i'm getting quite sick of hearing, 'you look very familiar" followed by several unnerving minutes of deep concentration in an unsuccessful attempt to pinpoint my evil-twin. well, spit it out, lady! who do i look like?!

for people who know how i look like, if you see someone that looks very much like me walking along the streets of KL one day, kindly restrain the imposter. knock her down, sit on her and tie her hands behind her back, or if you are so kind, turn on your charms and offer her a cup of coffee. please do whatever you must to keep her within your sight until i arrive.

then again, it could be just me that you are sitting on, so please don't be too rough.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know by saying it out yourself, people will think you are vain. But if don't say it out you will feel like people did not notice. So I, Ah Pek, being the loving and loyal fan of yours will do the dirty work for you.

HEY PEOPLE!!! SHE LOOKS LIKE CHERRIE CHUNG!!

Happy now??

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!! Cherrie Chung!!! She is v sexy and pretty!

me said...

dear ah pek: siao ah??!?! where got look like cherrie chung ah?! if she look like me, she won't be in show business loh. ian says i remind him of a vulture! *sob*

dear pooh: don't listen to that old man, he needs glasses.

sereneannabelle said...

aiyah

you think too much lar.


but cherrie chung doesn't seem a bad idea though. heh

Jonzz said...

I'm fairly good with faces.

I thought u look rather unique.

Cocka Doodle said...

From that side profile....I'd say...'Sum Theen Har'


*ducks from flying pots and pans*

Anonymous said...

Wat does "I am fairly good with faces means"?

me said...

dear gsh: yes, i have been accused of thinking too much before. what to do? can't leave that old thing rusty and static. :-p who wouldn't mind lookind like cherrie chung?!

dear jonzz: i hope that is not in the same line of thinking as ian saying i remind him of a vulture!! choose a more flattering description, ok? :-p i've always tot i looked different too, not pretty like the hoardes of cute girls out there..but...you know, different.

dear pooh: it means he dabbles in facial surgery in his free time. wants to be his customer? he doesn't make faces pretty, he mutilates them. hahahahaha.

me said...

dear cocka: not only that, also flying kick, heat seeking missiles and china-imported hired killers!!! :-p

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...