Wednesday, March 07, 2007

mathematical riddle

my 6yo received a party invitation yesterday. as with all other children parties, my immediate response was to grovel and beg the kind mother to include another, what would otherwise be a bored and lonely child, namely his older sister, for the party.

i texted, "can he bring his older sister?".

the mother was sweet enough to reply before i could even blink my eyes, "sure, just let me know how many people in total".

??!?!?!

my hand itched so badly. i had to control the urge to type "let me see, 1 + 1 = .......this is so difficult, can you lend me your fingers and toes?.......or perhaps a calculator? ....i believe the answer is 2."

die..... die, bitch!

once again, i trampled the bitchiness queen into obliteration and replied with a meek, "thank you. there will be two children attending".

once again, the mild-mannered mother won the day.


12 comments:

Las montaƱas said...

you and your virgoism!! stop being so critical of other people lah. :P

me said...

dear monty: u think it's the virgo in me? being critical of others is fun. what's so nice about sucking up 2 everybody and seeing all the goodness in ppl? it's hypocrisy, i tell u. :-p

Jonzz said...

Aiyo, you are the one asking for favor. Play nice... WA KA KA KA KA

Annie said...

LOL! You go girl, yell at Monty!

WaPow!

You added wrong by the way.
1 + 1 + 1 = 3
1 boy
1 older sister
1 adult (you).. aren't you going?

me said...

dear jonzz: i know, i know. i was.....really, i was all sweetness. thank you, please and all that. i can't help the one inside who was rolling her eyes and going 'duhhhhhh!' at her blurness. :-)

dear annie: i didn't *pout* yell at monty, that is. i was talking so sweetly too. *nodding innocently* me going? to an enclosed place with little kids screaming and shouting? comeon, you're a mother, i wouldn't if i can help it! will be hovering nearby though...watching with the eyes of a hawk.

Admin said...

then you must bring 2 gifts. after people say you greedy. one gift but 2 people come and eat.

sengkor said...

people being nice to accept more guests also kena from u.. susah la..

me said...

dear ah pek: aha! but i do! i always bring two gifts, if only to make the birthday girl happier.

dear sengkor: hahaha. *grins* bloggers who i have known for some time and who don't come and comment on my blog often enough also will kena from me, you know!! *raise eyebrow* nanti i dedicate a post to you baru u tahu. :-p

zewt said...

i sense some personal grudge going on between u 2...

me said...

dear zewt: haha. i don't even know her. i was just being cheeky. sacharin sweetness is so boring, don't u think? :-p

zewt said...

... perhaps...

me said...

dear zewt: ahhhhhhh, so zewt goes for those sweety pies. how boring. kakakakaka. sorry, the only sweetness we offer in this blog is aspartame; deadly when consumed in excess. :-p

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...