Friday, June 15, 2007

infected

have pity on this poor little lady.

i'm sick......again.

there must be something fundamentally wrong with my body's natural immunity....to be able to catch a virus so easily and so frequently. maybe it's the extreme weather we have been getting; the alternate raging thunderstorms and hot afternoons. maybe it's some infected poultry i have ingested. truthfully speaking, i think it's the company i've been keeping, the riff-raff (:-p) roaming in the blogosphere, the people of questionable hygiene practice. (:-p)

anyway, i'm down. with the blogivitis syndrome. caught from two (!) 'so-called' gentlemen too,would you believe it? i don't know who they spend their nights with, but from the sound of their syndrome, they have it bad, especially the old itchy one. (haha)


what are the syndromes?


1. first thing after breakfast, i turn on the computer, sexy (or frumpy, depending on my mood) pyjamas and all. and i sit there until roots start to grow from under my legs.

2. when i'm sad, the first person i turn to is my blog. only after i finish ranting in my blog am i fit to be admissable back into society. the head physician, i mean supervisor, of the ....erm hospital that i reside in prescribes a daily dose of blogging as a way to vent my er..........delusions.

3. i nourish my work, letting the pile of work grow taller and bigger before i attend to it. that's what i tell my boss. meanwhile, to keep me amused whilst it is in the process of growing, i blog.

4. i start my excel programme, click to check my comments, open a file, click to check my comments again, pick up my pendrive, click to check my comments again, insert my pendrive, click to check my comments again.....you get the drift.

5. i write 'professional blogger' as part of my resume. (ok, ok, i don't have any resume.)

6. when i talk to somebody, i think..."is this interesting enough to blog?".

7. when i do something, i think....."is this interesting enough to blog?"

8. when i see something, i think....."is this interesting enough to blog?"

9. when i eat something, i think....."hmmmm, this is yummy!" haha. don't play play with food man! ok, this point is irrelevant to my syndromes.

10. when i'm inspired, i write many articles and store it ......for days when my brain is clogged. so kiasu.

11. sometimes, i think i have 3 children. little miss 8yo, little master 6yo and little bloggy 1yo.

12. my blog is even more demanding than my kids!

13. when i'm sick, the best medicine is blogging. when i'm healthy, the best pasttime is blogging.

14. when i'm bored, i ramble aimlessly on the blog.....pretty much like i'm doing now.

15. i'm juggling four blogs and it's feeling like chicken shit.....of course, it helps that i don't update the others quite as often :-)

16. i attack other bloggers' comment box with multiple entries when i'm bored.

17. i bought a little laptop to blog on the go.

18. but i never leave the computer at home because i'm too busy blogging.

19. when i wake up in the middle of the night, i'm itching to get infront of the computer to write down my inspirations.

no. 20? what do you think i am? a condemned certified hopeless blogger?! i've got a life too, you knowwwww *flips hair*


let me tell you one more thing.....come closer.............and .........a.......................at.............................



ATCHOO!

you are infected!



1. awfully articulate annie

2. moody martian monty

3. juicy jumping jonzz

4. kind knockout king's wife

5. and brilliant bonkers bernard. (i'm wondering...does he think blog when he does operation??!! scary! )

go, spread the disease!

and guys................ next time, have your medical examination certs ready to prove good health before stepping in my blog, puhleaseeeeee!

16 comments:

sengkor said...

ur case is very severe..

Las montaƱas said...

Methinks as a professional blogger, your layout can be better lah :P

Annie said...

Why is she sneezing on Articulate Annie? Have I taught you nothing? You're not supposed to spread the disease to Annie, you're supposed to give it to all others especially the male population. BTW, I just love compliments from intelligent people. Articulate? ME? Surely you jest...no. don't answer that.

Isn't it fun when you've become part of a tight small internet community of blogger 'friends' and we get along really well? I think that's worth having a blog disease.

Annie said...

oh, btw

*cough* *cough*

wheezing

*cough*

King's wife said...

A tag ah? *pretend blur*

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's NOT the extreme weather...becos the equatorial climate does not produce extremes in temperature or weather changes;

Maybe it's NOT the ingested poultry...becos bird flu is spread by direct contact with live infected fowls;

Maybe it's NOT your immunity...bcos unless you have AIDS, it should be working fine & dandy;

Maybe it's just you, & the stress you go thru daily. so, go on, de-stress yourself -->
1)exercise (i don't mean working your fingers on the keypad!)
2)take in the fresh air (hmmm, maybe inpossible in KL),
3)stay off the oily & fried stuff & take your vitamins.

No point seeing your GP becos he'll tell you the same thing, after subjecting you to a battery of tests.

Hmmm, I feel like a Good Samaritan today.

Admin said...

hey!! From whom did you get that kind of infection??? It wasn't me. My virus have different syndromes!!

You unfaithful woman!!

Wuching said...

infect u means i lafu u!

zewt said...

number 4 is not accurate. if it's true... you reply to comments would have been instant.

Unknown said...

Uahhh.. sardenly got infected d. Better get quarantined. :-) .. ok lemme see, how shall I fix this ... ?

me said...

dear sengkor: macam mana, dr buruk? how do i cure myself then?

dear monty: my professionalism is in my attitude and my contents (that's where those high-quality ones usually are at...not window dressing..ahem!)...i like my simple plain clean layout. i can, prob should and hv been meaning to change my header pics....but i'm not in the mood..yet. don't be so critical lah.

dear annie: if i don't sneeze on articulate annie, how do i infect her? duh! spread to tha other male population? but i like annie moreeeeeeee....haha. and i like comments that sound like you are complimenting yourself but are actually indirectly giving me a compliment as well. haha. (i.e. i don't mind giving u compliments as long as you keep saying that they are from INTELLIGENT PEOPLE. kakaka).

i like this tight friendship we have too. when we need some closeness, we just turn on the computer. when we are not in the mood, we just switch it off. how much nicer can it be?! hahahahaha.

btw, spread the disease and you shall be cured.

dear kw: don't act blur blur horrrrrr...

dear e: not extreme? flash flood and then scorching sun is not extreme? my, my, you have a very good tolerance level. but maybe you'll change your mind if your car gets stuck in one of those flash floods or you lose thousands...

not bird flu?....does direct contact with a bird brain counts??? cos i've been in contact with so many recently....heck! i'm even becoming one.

1. i go for yoga and badminton :-) i'm all exercised-out!

2. i'm taking in air even as we speak...it's this thing called breathing. air quality's not too bad...as long as i stay away from people who just had sweet potatoes.

3. do you know that vitamins can be harmful for people whose system is already too congested?

*puts good samaritan sticker on e*

dear ah pek: you always make me smile.

you never hear before that disease can evolve one mehhhhhhh?

dear wuching: yes, a true sign that i am in your heart and mind. thank you, thank you. i'll keep you close in mind too when i've got a tag. *raises eyebrows*

dear zewt: no, it's true. answering to it immediately would appear to be too desperate. hahaha. so, i sit on it for a whileeeeee. *grins*

dear bernard: careful not to spread to your patientssssss....

Jonzz said...

Juicy Jumping Jonzz!

Infected?

What are we supposed to do?

Turn blogging into a disease?

*gasp*

BLASPHEMY!!!!

Las montaƱas said...

I wanted to try a tag, but what tag am I suppose to write on? *blur martian*

me said...

dear jonzz: incase you didn't realise.....blogging IS a disease. an incurable one too. get to work on your tag *whips*

dear monty: eh, don't pretend to be blur, mr imitation-martian. tag, tag, triple tag. go do it....whilst you are lounging in your cool blue stratosphere!

Unknown said...

Done already! http://bernardchan.net/2007/06/20/blog-itis-or-blog-dependency-syndrome/

me said...

dear bernard: gasp!! but i tried to access your blog and it keeps saying 'domain expired'. *pouting*

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...