Sunday, September 09, 2007

with a clink of the glass

swirling the rose coloured liquid against the smooth shiny concave surface, the feeling was one of familiarity. it has been the longest time since i have last held the cold glass in my hand. i reveled in anticipation of the numbness it will soon bring. i took a sip of the chilean red wine. the blandness of the aroma rushes to greet my olfactory nerves before the cool liquid even hits my tastebuds. a decidedly young wine, perhaps a few more years of aging will add bouquet and richness to the taste. still, i greedily lapped up the intoxicating liquid.

the lights overhead were dim. i sunk back into the chair in our small and cosy booth. as the invisible cloak transcends over me gradually, i looked up into the early dusk that was sitting prettily outside the window opposite my seat. the skies were slowly transforming into a dark shade of grey, just like the somber orchestra in my head that was playing in accompaniment to the fog slowly enveloping my sensibility.

i felt relaxed. i felt the need to relax, yet the muscles in my shoulder stayed obstinately tight. i love the release that alcohol gives me, the unleash on logic, reason and principles, a temporary lapse in holding on so tightly to my emotions. a bite of the rib-eye steak, a sip of the soothing liquid; it's like a balm to my soul. the piece of meat was like chewing on a piece of cupboard but you take what you can get in moments like these.

another sip of the wine.

bliss.

10 comments:

Las montaƱas said...

aiyoh, no cheap or young wine for me! They just taste AWFUL!

You want to feel relaxed? Here, have a glass of whisky, some beer over there ..

Wuching said...

drinking by yourself? should've call me up & i'll join you!

Anonymous said...

Are you flying in the sky or somewhere in town?

Wished I was given the opportunity to join you.

zewt said...

one thing for sure... alcohol beautifies your language.

Mamapumpkin said...

Ahhhhh.....cheers! I must give you my number. Dying to join you in that exact schematic of things :-)

Jonzz said...

Is this the pampering you were talking about previously?

Cocka Doodle said...

Allow me to take you out next Sunday pamper you with a shoulder rub to loosen those tensed muscles. Carve a succulent piglet together and sip on fine wine.
After that, we can smash the plates.
Deal?

*wink wink*

LOL @ zewt!

me said...

dear monty: *sigh* what to do? that was all they had per glass. i want to relax, not puke. whisky with beer???....


dear wuching: errrr.....a little bit far, don't you think? next time i'll beep you on your hp and we can drink over the air..

dear licky: flying in the sky? you make me sound like i've taken some magic mushroom? haha. i'm always here nowadays. opportunity? first you have to reveal yourself. start a blog so that i can know you better. *grins*

dear zewt: *hic* next comes the swearing. hahahaha.

dear big pumpkin: that would be very nice. good wine, good food, good company, what else can you ask for?

dear jonzz: hmmmm....no, i don't think so. but if you immerse yourself in every situation and revel in the very best of it, it can be pampering too, i guess.

dear cocka: it sounds wonderful, belief me. but i can't. i don't even think i can celebrate that day in any way. too many obligations, too many shackles. rain check? another 2 weeks and things shld be better. btw, i've heard of the 'smash plate' place...somewhere nearer to city centre issn't it? can't remember exactly where though. but thanks for the sweet thought.

Cocka Doodle said...

Yes, it's at changkat BB. Serves the best roast piglet in town. Absolutely orgasmic. You need to call for reservations as it's usually quite crowded.

Apa lah...rain check lah, obligations lah, shackles lah, this lah that lah....

me said...

dear cocka: that's right. i know it's around there....but not quite sure exactly where. jangan marah lah, not a good time mah, i told you before. i can't just leave my obligations at home and pretend it doesn't exist. being human means having responsibilities lah. you teach me how lah? you come entertain my mil and have dinner with her and i'll go out for the dinner reservation under your name, ok? hehe.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...