Wednesday, November 28, 2007

grounded

it has been 12 days since the commencement of the nationwide school holidays. whilst other parents are groaning and slowly going out of their mind, every other day i'm counting the days since it began, afraid that it'll be over even before i know it.

as hectic as their being home is for me, i enjoy their presence very much. i don't know when the attitude changed; i used to fume in frustration when they distracted me from work and my routines. this time round, i'm feeling restless. i'm raring to join them for activites, wanting to immerse myself in their playtime.

but i have been so tied up lately. in things that don't bring much pleasure. i want to throw it all away and spend my hours in pure abandonment but as usual, i have to do the responsible thing, even if it means facing these endless stack of papers and stay grounded to this pathetic chair and table.

if i hurry and complete my work, mr boss, can i go out to play?

6 comments:

Las montaƱas said...

why you always got no time for every time one?!!!

me said...

dear monty: ya la, sorry, i got no time to answer this. got to run. ciao. (heehee)

Admin said...

I like this. Short and sweet.

me said...

dear ah pek: but i like them long and hard woh. :-p

zewt said...

that's a good sign... means u have not gotten sick of them yet. not that u ever will.

so i guess no nice romantic candlelight dinner then.

me said...

dear zewt: rofl. romantic candlelight dinner??? even when tnb potong electricity, we also don't eat candlelight dinner. *sigh*.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...