Friday, May 02, 2008

what a sweet thing to say

did the technician just flirt with me?

he was standing beside the open door. was he holding the door open for me or waiting for somebody? not bothering either way, i took my time and waddled to the opening. walking past, he said to me, 'good morning. looking great today.' if i could blush, i would have. wow! blew me away, cos i was just about to rush home and change out of this hastily-slapped-together outfit which i threw on before i rushed out in the wee hours this morning. this man has taste! *grins* no reason for me to change out of the outfit now, is there?

a matter of social pleasantries or a well-meaning compliment? who cares!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lenglui, to me, that's a gesture of good manners on the technician's part and I won't constitute it as flirting.

Anonymous said...

I was on the way to the optician to have my eyesight corrected.

zewt said...

he was just being nice la.

me said...

dear licky: wow, give me good manners any day! it's nice to hear something pleasant to brighten the day, rather than face with gloomy dark faced strangers who ignore you.

dear cross-eyed technician: having 20-20 vision will only prove your compliments were correct in the first place. :-p

dear zewt: if only everybody was so nice.

dear cockeyed technician: cross eyed become cockeyed? u really have some serious eyesight problem lah. i tot u had some shit in your eyes! even with sand blurring your vision, my beauty shines thru, huh? wow!

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk tsk..so easily swept off your feet. Now I know you're weakness!

Las montaƱas said...

I wonder how the feeling would be if he had said "Good morning auntie!"

me said...

dear wuchy: don't u know, flattery gets u everywhere :-)

dear monty: i would have thought he was speaking to someone behind me. hehe.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...