Friday, June 13, 2008

the pjs issue

i need to get out of my pyjamas.

these days, i stay in my pyjamas until 12pm. that is, at least until it's time to go out for lunch. used to be i'll change out of my pjs immediately after breakfast, into something fresh and perky for a bright start to the day. but these days, i'm lounging in my sleepwear, for as long as i can, not that they are the most comfortable piece of attire. so, why? because i can. simply because i can.

i walk five steps from my breakfast table into my office and i start hammering away at the keyboard until the tummy rumbles for lunch. or a phone call reminding me that lunch time is way overdue. so, technically, there is no need for any outside interaction until the sun is straight above the head. i can be dressed in rags, ball gowns or even a towel and the world will not blink an eye, as long as i get my work done. that is the beauty of working from home.

i think it's the rebellious side of me acting up again. rebelling against norm behaviour and routines. going against what i normally do, for the sake of breaking out of the same predictable pattern, for the subconscious motive of wanting to be different. when am i going to change? when will i ever tame down? never, i hope. punk hair style, hard rock, graffiti, scratching cars, those are not for me. little changes, subtle ways. to show i am different. and to never assume you already know me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, getting rebellious?
blame it on the raging hormones!

Anonymous said...

you wear pajamas? how disappointing, I'd had thought you wear nothing in when you go to bed!

Cocka Doodle said...

pjs ah? I was expecting lingerie tim. :(

me said...

dear licky: raging hormones? at my age??? next, i'll be sporting punk hairstyles and cut jeans riding low on the bum *grins*

dear wuchy: saves laundry expenses huh? *grins*

dear ah pek: hehehehe. very acute observation.

dear cocka: lingerie is also pjs mah.

Jonzz said...

LOL at your reply to cocka! ROFL!

me said...

dear jonzz: that chicken's mind is one tracked. give him a piece of cotton string and his mind will immediately jump to lingerie and follow swiftly along that line.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...