Wednesday, June 11, 2008

owned? never!

i think i'm tech savvy.


at least i thought i was tech savvy. hey look, i have a blog. how progressive, right? keeping with the times. i picked up facebook, msn, flickr and all that stuff in the blink of an eye. l8r, gtg, rofl, brb....all easy peasy for me. anything i don't know, i google; my newest best friend.

what i don't seem to get is this new facebook thing; owned. what is that about anyway? overnight, someone placed a price on my head. i am somebody's for a certain amount of money. hello? my husband paid a dowry for me the day we got married. i already belong to someone, although i keep telling him that his measly dowry has expired a very long time ago, seeing that i have improved with time, much like vintage wine. suddenly, overnight, i have offers from people i have not even heard of. no, not offers, i don't get the luxury of accepting or rejecting, i'm just a passive observer whilst bids are placed on me right left and center.

at the moment i seem to have 3 people bidding on me. why would you bid on people you have never met, much less know existed? from $1 (gasp! $1? and by my cousin, no less. how can she value me so cheaply!) to $160,026 in two days!! i seem to have people from all walks of life and all corners of the world bidding on me, and all those other people on facebook. what happens when they own me? do i have to be their slave? do i have to get on my feet and be at their beck and call? i feel almost violated. but i can't wait till i reach $1,000,000. a human walking talking van gogh painting, i feel like.

what's more, if i buy and sell people, i get more money?? human trafficking, this is! and someone actually gave me someone else as a present. someone i don't know. would be nice if a proper introduction was made before that person is thrusted into my lap. what am i suppose to do with that person, kindly enlighten me, gurus of the facebooksophere. sell him? can i tickle him and sell him to the slave trade? or make him do cartwheels and dance with a pole?

another poor fella actually left a comment asking me to make a bid on him, or his photo, i am not sure. errrr....the idea of owning you is not very appealing, sorry. i rather part with good money, imaginary as it is, for something more practical.

i don't get it. throwing sheeps, sending tiffany necklaces, giving sex gifts, i totally get. buying and selling people for no reason whatsoever, people that i don't even know...?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

luckily the dowry paid for you was not on hire-purchase.
otherwise you would have been repossessed.
hahaha.....

King's wife said...

I don't dig Facebook. Period. Sorry lah, but I'm that backward. Hehe! :P

me said...

dear licky: instalments fully paid still can be repossessed meh? i prefer to be compared to vintage wine *grins*

dear king's wife: dah lama tak jumpa, rindu lah. nice to see you on the scene again. too comfy in your new place to blog anymore ah? hehe. i don't see the point of facebook either...except for sharing of photos. i get to see photos of friends and their families more often now *grins*

Anonymous said...

I'm reserved for you to buy whenever you want & at whatever you see fit! :P

me said...

dear wuchy: do you come with all those star wars toys??!

Jonzz said...

You're for sale? *Goes quickly to check facebook*

me said...

dear jonzz: ha! not in my blogger identity under facebook, sorry to disappoint. it's under my 'true identity'!.....clark kent!

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...