Friday, April 24, 2009

doctor, doctor.

sigh.

i'm losing my sanity here.

apparently online diagnosis is not for hypochondriacs like me who imagine that they fit all types of symptom. the internet tells me that the pin-point red dots on my skin maybe some serious skin disease that can be potentially dangerous. petechiae? lyme disease? campbell de morgan spots? viral infection? allergy? take your pick. the options are mind-boggling and scary. then again, it can be just plain vanilla aging. just aging. equals to the process of growing old.


and then they tell me that the dark vertical streak on my toe nail can be a malignant melanoma. *thump* that is the sound of me dropping in a faint to the hard concrete floor. cancer on the toe? that's the last thing i want to hear, toe or any other parts of my body.

for some reason, i'm not dropping all my things and making a bee-line to the nearest physician. i very nearly was, for one heart-stopping moment, especially when i saw the word melanoma. but deep down, i know and i believe that this is just another of my dramatic hypochondriac moments. not that i won't be getting a doctor's opinion to confirm it. that wouldn't be me. it can just wait until my next appointment with the dermatologist. where i'll be bombarding her with all these questions, and a lot more. good luck, doctor.


2 comments:

zewt said...

better go confirm soon... black streak = malignant? geee...

me said...

better to take it with a pinch of salt, otherwise i'll be freaking out over every single symptom.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...