Friday, April 03, 2009

my memoir

sometimes i don't have the mood to write. sometimes i am too caught up in my world to write. and sometimes i don't have the words to express, so i don't write. but i look back and i realise that i have given up another page of my life.

stephen king once said 'i write to find out what i think' for when you write, you try to find that perfect word to describe your experience, and only then you will fully appreciate and understand the experience. my writings are my legacy, my life, my memories.

pieces of my life become a hazy picture in my mind with the passing of time. i can't remember most things, i can't even remember most people. i don't think that it is because they are any less worth remembering to my mind but yet they are like sand in my hand, slipping through my fingers no matter how tight i try to grasp it.

this is how i remember.

2 comments:

Jonzz said...

"I write to find out what I think" Very profound and I can relate to it.

me said...

unfortunately, i can't profess to have literary rights to that sentence. i copied it from a great writer.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...