Tuesday, August 18, 2009

he said tomaeto, i said tomahto.

he was reading some numbers to me in hokkien dialect, which i must admit i can no longer claim proficiency at. i haven't had much opportunity to exercise that part of my linguistic muscle for the longest time.

he: 9........7.......1........1.........1........8

me: sorry, is that triple '1's?

he: 9........7.......1........1.........1........8

me: so, it is triple '1's?

he: 97......11........18.

me: ya, ok (*&^%$^&&%$^^*%$$&^%#!!)


i could have persisted, 3 '1's ya? just to irate the hell out of him, because he chose not to answer my question directly, which irates the hell out of me. but i left it at that.

communication is such a difficult thing.

No comments:

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...