Tuesday, November 24, 2009

worn out

i spread myself too thin, i know that. like a piece of toasted bread with a very thin veil of butter, hardly any taste of the soft velvety richness that melts in the mouth. that is the problem when you spread yourself too thin. but we live our life the only way we know how, the only way that works for us. i have been too fortunate in my life, this is the only way i know to give back; to give love to others and to be there for others.

i get tired too. physically worn out. sometimes i try too hard. i refresh by remembering the beautiful things that bring joy to my heart, the kaleidoscope of memories that is in my head. like the drive in the night i wrote about a few weeks ago. like that beautiful glimpse of starbucks that day when i walked past, window all misty, inside all red, warm and chrismassy. like the hugs i get from people who care. like the basking in the sun that is very imminent. all these are things that make me tick. that make me whole again.

5 comments:

Mamapumpkin said...

You're easy to please! Man, I feel damn high maintenance now, LOL!!!

me said...

that's the most fulfilling way, i find. material stuffs and all such, it's a neverending spiral. contention has to come from within. so many ppl can be surrounded by so much, and never be happy.

licko said...

chin hock khi eh cha bor! every day pun chin khooi sim, chin hnuar hee!!

zewt said...

get a break!

me said...

dear licko: khooi boh khooi sim see kuah kar kee. hua hee see ti chiu la bin.

dear zewt: have a kit kat. haha.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...