Saturday, January 23, 2010

alien invasion

how have you been? have not heard of or from you for a long time. he asked.

have not heard of me? have been abducted by aliens. been trying to lie low, avoiding the aliens, you understand. i replied.

sigh, he said. do you have a standard template for replies? you said the same thing last year.

i was shocked. flabbergasted. one year ago and yet my reply was exactly the same? i don't go around replying about alien abduction to everyone who ask, incase you were wondering. this is my only exception. second exception actually, because he was right. it hit me like a lightning from out of the blue. this was exactly how i answered one year ago, when he asked the same thing.

it's strange, freaky even, how my brain is so clockwork. trigger the same thing and you get the same reaction. predictable even, god forbid! he didn't suggest anything about martian invasions, not in the very least bit, in his friendly question. he doesn't look green, nor has long pointy fingers with nobbly ends. the last time i looked, which was eons ago, he had the normal count of hands, legs, fingers, toes, eyes, nose, ears and mouth even. he bears no passing resemblance to e.t. and does not go 'phone homeeeeeeeee' every few minutes. i wonder why, what makes me think of alien invasion, the furthest thing on my mind usually, when he ask me how i have been.

go figure my brain.

No comments:

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...