Sunday, March 28, 2010

not quite the same anymore

coffee bean on a sunday morning is enough to drive one insane. headed there today morning for an hour of escape from the maniac hustle and bustle of city life, only to find myself being drowned by the craziness that has invaded my private enclave. who sneaked in unheralded and thrashed the very essence of the place that was my hideout from the cold insane world? gone was the warm ambience, the soft piped in music, the quiet retreat to reflect, to read, to release a little of the pent up tension. in its place were groups of people with very loud boisterous voices, intent on overwhelming the music of natalie imbruglia that was already shoved as deep into my ear canals as it could go. the scraping of the new heavy wooden chairs on the cold hard tiles made the hair on my neck bristle. children and adults alike crashing thoughtlessly into my chair, jarring the little peace that i have left. the frenzied clashing of plates and utensils, the slamming of cabinets, the whining of the intense blender, conversations i am trying almost desperately to shut out, it is all a little too much. it is intruding into my mind, my thoughts, my walls. yuri's free-falling is like a whisper above all the din. my neighbourhood coffee bean has been bitten by the local coffee shop flavour, the original beauty sucked dry and the similarities are rapidly becoming apparent. half an hour here feels like a lifetime. too bright, too noisy, too busy.

it's time to bade farewell to this enclave that was all mine for years past and seek for a new sanctuary.

1 comment:

zewt said...

solution = weekday.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...