Sunday, July 04, 2010

barb wires

"where is my bag?! are you trying to steal it from me and bring it home?"

those words were like barb wires piercing deep into my heart. coming from my nearest and dearest, the thorns twisted and turned deep into my vulnerability. i would never have expected those words to come forth from her mouth. never in a million years. she has never ever spoken like that to me.

in that very moment, i knew, i realise that she was in pain, in extreme frustration; about the things that could have been, should have been and the things that are. i understood. i sympathised, but it did not lessen the sting one bit. i have been with her almost round the clock for as many days as she needed me. i was there for her, when others weren't. i served, i helped, i anticipated, i listened. i gave of myself because i love, and never expected anything in return, least of all hurtful words.

still, i comprehended, and because i comprehended i let it flow in from one ear and out the other. i forgave her as soon as the words were uttered. four years down the road, i still remember. once in a blue moon, of the words uttered but not meant. it does not hurt. it does not mean anything. but it is still there, in my memory. i guess some things, once said, cannot be erased.

No comments:

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...