Monday, November 15, 2010

at this particular moment in time, i'm soaking up the ambience of my favourite jaunt, immersing in the blues and familiarity of the place. i feel like an episode of cheers, returning once again to a place that feels like an extension of my personality. it's been almost a routine to come every weekend; 3 items at $8.90 and a cup of british breakfast tea, with some cold milk, please. i didn't get my fix this weekend, time didn't permit but a twist of fate landed me back on the same exact spot, one day late.

i sit here, with my cup of tea and my book of tales, or more accurately, their book of tales, deliberating on the realisation that i have not had a deep thought in my mind for the longest time. since when had i shut my brain and put it in shallow mode, i can't really tell. one day melts into another, routine takes over. the way it is going, i'm not surprise if dementia greets me early.

a familiar tune from the 80s is crooning over the air, i stop for a minute to listen to the song that has not entered my mind for the longest time. it's true, old songs stir up memories. if only i can remember what those memories are. if only i can remember the name of the song :-p

i'm the epitome of the poor little rich girl, with no vision to inspire for, no goals to fight for. things come way too easy, yet i'm afraid of the time when it won't. one such day will come, it's inevitable. i try to find my own goals, my own dreams, but i think i've left it behind somewhere. in the interim i make do with some short impertinent ones, ones that i'm not really impassioned to meet. life is so and life goes on.

i'm all alone again in this lounge, everybody has moved on with their day. mine is beckoning but i'm hiding, reluctant to join the craziness, the shallowness, the meaningless, craving for another moment of escape. in this place time stands still, reality is separated by a window glass. i can see the real world beyond, but they can't see me. this is the way i like it.

my phone is ringing. one call, and i'm gone.

1 comment:

Licko said...

Life is short. Do what you desire and don't bother about anything. That's what I'm thinking now.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...