Wednesday, May 03, 2006

glimpse of the real me

today we shall embark on the unveiling of the real me. ta dah! who is ms lenglui? actually, come to think of it, it's such a silly name, thought of in a hurry. as people say, nobody praises you, you praise yourself lah. i cringe when i read it and gets goosepimples.....but it's a little too late to change that now. so, we move on.

people (again 'people'. i wonder who all these people are.) say that you can tell a lot from what is in a woman's handbag. ah ha! so, today, i empty my bag to show you the contents. i wanted to supply some visuals but i can't find the line that links my handphone to the computer, so you will just have to use your imagination. hmmm.... maybe that is the first hint to my character.

ok, on with the pouring out of my handbag. a second please....

the first thing i took out is a small purple bag with the cutest butterfly smiling back at me. this is my first aid bag - a very important accessory that i cannot leave home without. in this little bag, i have many small transparent bags. yes. bags within a bag within a bag. and i have the following inside:

1. a strip of clarinase, for days when the cold bug has me in its grip,
2. 2 strips of zantac.
3. 3 gelusil,if you know what these 2 medicines are, then you will have an idea of how bad my gastritis can get,
4. a strip of baike wan. ah ha! friends, this is the best chinese medicine to take when you feel your body aches and the flu is coming on. 1 tablet and you are better than new.
5. a strip of panadol flu & cold, chinese and western join forces mah.
6. vicks, for cher-cher's stuffy nose,
7. mopiko, for kor-kor's itchy legs,
8. a small bottle of axe brand medicated oil, not for when this aunty feels faint but when cher-cher gets tummy ache.
9. another small bag containing assortments of very cute plasters.
10. oronime ointment, this is useful for anything from cuts to razor burns and soreness, real or imaginary.
11. a small mirror - this can come in very useful - from checking out the guy at the next table to a subtle check on my lipstick.
12. 2 tubes of lipgloss - different colour for different mood.
13. an opened pack of strepsil for the frog in my throat or to appease crying children.
14. an empty used vial of refresh eye lubricant. now that it is empty, i have an excuse to wink at cute guys when the dust gets in my eye.

what a long list! and i have only just touch on the first thing from my handbag!

and the rest of the things:

15. a face mask, just in case seng-kor ask me out for a movie.
16. a hello kitty coin bag,
17. some yoga class passes,
18. a book entitled 'the monk who sold his ferrari',
19. a tube of sunblock cream which i don't use often enough
20. my wallet, i shall not go into that. that will take me forever to empty
21. a card holder for all those silly membership cards. they give out loyalty cards now for everything from bookshop to beddings. even underwears and illegal vcds!
22. of course, there is my ever-faithful handphone which i am rarely without.
23. scraps and pieces of paper which only makes sense to me and vouchers from here and there.
24. electronic passes
25. mp3 player,
26. 2 pens. why do i need 2? *scratching head*
27. keys
28. comb. strange since i never run a comb through my hair, not even at home.
29. 2 tubes of glue, for cher-cher. i really should start to take out some things in there....before it grows root and sprout more.
30. plastic fasteners...more things that i need to take out.
31. packet of tissue with one piece of tissue left.

hew! *wiping sweat from eyebrow*. no wonder my shoulder aches most of the time.

so, what can you tell from my bag?

23 comments:

may said...

you're definitely a... errr... walking drugstore? something like Guardian Pharmacy, but a little more mobile. ;)

sengkor said...

ahem.. lenglui ah. u go out everytime few days wun go home one ah? y need to bring so much medications?

Cocka Doodle said...

dun have a spare 'rag' ah? i thought women always carry one?

me said...

dear may: kakakaka. must be prepared for emergency mah. but i must go stock up on shampoo and vitamins if i inspire to be like guardian pharmacy.

dear seng kor: ya lor. when i was writing down the list, it also struck me that why i can't wait to go home for these medicine meh. i think the answer is i always forget that i need to eat it if i wait until i go home.

dear cock: lost lah. what is 'rag'? you mean like snoopy's linus ah? always carrying a comfort blanket ah? veli the confused.

Mother Superior said...

I am shocked you have more than 10 different sorts of medication. Actually, I also have half of yours, just less variations of ointment and cream. Haha!!!

I like the Axe Oil ointment. So, so "auntie", but so, so... real.

*Takes out ointment, pour on index finger and rub on nose.* LOL!!!

me said...

dear mother superior: kakaka. clever minds think alike. be careful hor. the axe oil is addictive leh. my cousin uses it like a perfume. kekeke.

dear cock: took me some time but i finally figured out the 'rag' you are talking about. no need to bring with you 365 days a year lah. got timing one mah. why so interested? want me to post entry about the various types and usage for your educational purpose or not? lol

Admin said...

i thought you opened the doctor's medicine bag at first! At least the snatch thief won't be laughing if he snatches your bag.
cocka always has a weak point for those "rags". dunno why leh?

me said...

dear ah pek: i scared the snatch thieves can't even carry my bag! pull from my shoulder only...drop like a deadweight to the floor!

ya lor, cock very curious hor. i also wonder why......*wink wink*

Robin said...

wah.. so many illness?? hahaha..

Hopefully this is not what you are..

Nice and cute blog.

King's wife said...

when i saw your first list, i wondered....how small is your small purple bag??

me said...

dear robin: not sick, for emergency only. :-) my kids always dream up minor complains when they need extra attention, so this bag helps to attend to their needs.

dear king's wife: my highness, not very big lah. the size of your outstretched palm & fingers. all the medicines are very small *curtsy* :-)

me said...

i need to see a doctor! from my replies you ppl can tell that i have been checking my blog at 8am, 10am, 11am and 2pm. stricken by the blogosvirus. terminal case liao. i want a life!!!!!

lickoholic said...

The drugs in your handbag can only relieve your gastric pains. You could be carrying 'Helicobactor Plyori' in your stomach. They could cause ulcers which could eventually lead to stomach bleeding.

I recommend you the below drugs to your gastric problem, but consult a doctor before taking them.

1. LOSEC 20mg (omeprazole) ASTRA

2. KLACID 250mg (clarithromycin) ABBOT

3. FASIGYN 500mg (tinidazole) PFIZER

4. PREPULSID 5mg (cisapridum) JANSSEN

Note: All above drugs to be taken twice daily (after food) for 7 days.

Hope that will cure your gastritis

me said...

dear lickoholic: aha! so, you are a pharmacist! hmmmm....or a doctor? i have done a scope for helicobactor and was tested positive. have since taken a course of the medicine and 2nd test showed that it is cleared. so, i guess it is bad eating habits loh...and also a sucker for spicy stuffs. next time i got any medical problem, i know who to look for.....*grin*

Xia_mi_mi said...

Eh..you an aspiring doc ah? hehe

me said...

dear xmm: unlicensed one! hahaha.

seefei said...

peng lui?

Cocka Doodle said...

peng mau...

5xmom.com said...

Hohoho, your bag says at loud 'AUNTY!' So many ubat pening wan? I shall take this up as a meme?

Helen said...

I hope u can post a pic of ur purple bag. lol I wanna see how the whole medicine cabinet is incorporated into ur little bag. lol

me said...

dear see fei: u peng also i not peng lah. :-) i so fit.

dear cock: this one even worse. call me cat somemore. ;-P meow! 'seng kam siu yeh mau' can lah

dear 5xmom: that would be interesting. don't call me aunty lah (even if act like one) shy mah.

dear helen: for you.....next week i get my camera and do an expose on the purple bag :-)

Tham said...

Wah....you are like me... a walking
medicine pot, except my drugs and
vitamins are all on the top and in
the drawer of my office desk.

I also use Baike Wan, except this
time even two caps didn't seem to
help much with my flu recently and
current cough.

Take care,

Tham
Sri Hartamas, KL

me said...

dear tham: i tot baike wan was a miracle worker, everything also can cow thim. poor thing. rest more. the medicines are mostly for my children. when their tummy ache won't go away, or the mosquito bites are too itchy to tahan

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...