Tuesday, May 16, 2006

he said, she said


on the surface, it looks the same. the same gray colour, the same two hemispheres, the same nerve endings. and the same lobes. why is it that his brain behaves so differently from hers?

she said:
he always says he is so tired when he comes home. he never bothers to play with the kids, talk to me or even look at me. he just sit infront of the tv or computer and spend all the time staring at the square box.

he said:
after working so hard everyday, i feel so drained and i come home to my children fighting and crying, toys strewn everywhere and her, with such a dark moody face. i entertain all the time in the office, you expect me to come back and entertain my family some more ah? i can't even relax in my own home.

she said:
he doesn't understand that when i have to stay home and be stuck with the kids and his parents the whole day, i need a break too. their screaming and neediness, sometimes i just want to get out and take a breather, otherwise i will go crazy.

he said:
i run here and there in the day, all i want to do is come back and put up my feet, drink a beer or two. just let the brain rest. i don't want to brave the crowds and push and shove some more.

she said:
why is he not interested in me anymore? he doesn't care what i wear or pass a second glance at me. i show him my love everyday by cooking for him and his family, cleaning and washing, taking care of the bills and his children and he doesn't have to lift a finger. i give him my everything but he doesn't appreciate me anymore.

he said:
there is no more magic in the marriage. after 15years, i come back to the same woman, same house, same children. same everything. she doesn't make me tingle anymore. it's not my fault.

she said:
when i wear a certain style of clothes, he thinks it doesn't look nice. when someone else wears it, he drools at them. i have to take care of his children, so i can't wear heels or skirt and run after them. practicality must come first since i am a mother mah.

he said:
she wears the same thing all the time. so boring. she should do something to her hair or her clothes. change the way she looks sometimes.

she said:
i always tell him i love him. all he says is me too. i am so tired of always making the move.

he said:
i'm still here, aren't i? isn't that enough to show her that i love her? why else will i hang around?

hi, martian, meet venus. much too complicated for a simple mind like me to analyse.

13 comments:

5xmom.com said...

Can I get your autograph, please? Are you an author ah, cos your thoughts are so well expressed!

King's wife said...

I dunno you wor...how come you know me so well??

sengkor said...

she said:
aww.. this entry is so true..

he said:
aigh.. not another complaint..

me said...

dear lilian: tank kiu, tank kiu, coming from you, that is such a big compliment. :-) you are the si-fu in the blogosphere lah. i hats off to you.

dear king's wife: your story also ah? sigh! men! can't live without them, can't live with them.

dear seng kor: oh no! seng kor split personality! the woman in him dying to get out!

Admin said...

much too complicated for a simple mind like me to analyse.

but you have analysed it so well. if only my old lady have half that analysation power.

Wuching said...

after 15 years of marriage, things sure get boring wan so u need to go out & make things interesting & i mean both must make effort not just 1 of u! go away just the 2 of u, no kids, no in-laws!

Min said...

Wah, deja vu!

me said...

dear ah pek: i only repeated what i hear so often.

dear wuching: no, the story is not about me. it's just everywhere i turn, i seem to hear the same story..neither party is totally wrong and yet neither party is free from blame. sigh! each time i hear i can only sigh and shake my head at the complexity of human relationships.

dear min: no, please. your marriage is what you make it. understand him and this is how their mind works. please don't tell me your case is like that too. when the going gets tough, remember why you love him in the first place.

Lin Peh said...

She said:
Where he learn so many new patterns? From piao mei ?

He said:
Niasing, have to pay all the piaomei to learn all the patterns just to satisfy my yellow color face lady. kekekeke ;-)

Helen said...

LOL... hahahah best comment goes to Lin Peh!! LOL

That is why, romance novel and those happily ever after endings should be banned.... or put a disclaimer, "Readers' discrection required."

Here is not very popular. Marriage counselling is good.

seefei said...

i beg to differ...treat your wife like your mistress and the kid your boss's asses that you need to kiss...you will see the difference.

don't we all men take "NO" so easily after marriage. don't "settle down" in your marriagelah like it is a dead end thing...

Ianfluenza said...

Haha... yes yes... I hear these one too many times... Well done for the vivid description.

Cocka Doodle said...

See Fei...I also beg to differ.
Why treat your wife like a mistress when you could actually go out and get one? *wink*

Mslenglui.....don't have so many kids in the first place lah.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...