Monday, May 15, 2006

smile a little smile

i feel so lazy today. like i need to recuperate and take things easy for a while - not so much for my physical health but for my mental strength. lately a lot seems to be coming my way and i have put up the "no more bad news" sign but i believe destiny is "buta huruf".

i turn left and i'm faced with a hysterical maid whose 23 year old sister passed away suddenly. i turn right and i'm faced with another member of the household whose daughter tried to commit suicide, albeit unsucessfully. i log into ah pek's blog and he tells me tales of disagreement between his mother and wife ( i have been meaning to post an entry on unfilial sons and daughters for the longest time because i get so upset with people like that....wait...wait until i have more time on my hands and is not plagued with these unhappy moments). and then there is his tale of idiotic ricky and siblings.

i retreat and take a leisurely outing and aunty tells me story of old woman with 10 children, all grown up but refuses to share the $6000 bill for her to do a knee-cap surgery, thus leaving her incapacitated in the hospital for the longest time.

then, i read my mail and my new friend tells me how her husband doesn't know to appreciate her after many years of marriage. how she feels lonely, unloved and unwanted.

what is this world coming to? where is human decency and morality? where is kindness and love?

i refuse to be sad.

come on my friends, let's all be happy
put the things aside and stop feeling so crappy
just go out, do all the things that makes us merry
and not wait until we are old and in nappy.

i don't want to live my life moping
keep harping on sad issues and hoping
that tomorrow will be a better day for coping
or be in the dark everyday and groping

happiness is how we view it
whether we want to see the dark bit
or look at the happy side and let our smile the room lit
it's up to us how we want to hit

for lives will always be filled with ups and down
just when you get over one, there is more reason to frown
but hold our head up high and shout to the town
i'm still here and in misery i refuse to drown

i want to be laughing
appreciate everything and everybody i am loving
time is so short, don't be looking
for sorrow at each turning

for each story there is two side
if only from another's viewpoint we open our eyes wide
then we understand that there is no wrong or right
and we won't get so uptight

so, let's not judge
or hold any grudge
i want happiness, i will not budge
i'm sure you do too so i'll give you a little nudge

to walk along this road to happiness

15 comments:

may said...

Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy......


hope this new week brings new beginnings and less worrying days for you.

King's wife said...

need identity ah? what happened to leng lui??

Wuching said...

yes, where is the love?

sengkor said...

lenglui only u can change it,
not easy, but try bit by bit,
start to avoid those crappy shit,
very soon, u'll be out of this moody pit!

cheer up! thr's always a better tomorrow.

Cocka Doodle said...

And if things don't work out right, there's always euthanasia.

me said...

dear may: *singing in a melodious tone* thankkkkkk kiuuuuuuuuu......

dear king's wife: still trying to find myself mah.....last i look in the mirror, still very leng ah.

dear wuching: it's here!...in the blogosphere....*hugs*

dear seng kor: show me a little smile can ah? with your mask, you look so fierce lah, i takut.

dear cock: lol. will seriously consider it, thank you. very stuck on euthanasia these days, aren't you? stomach ache ah? euthanasia lah. no money ah? euthanasia lah. husband got affair ah? euthanasia lah. :-)

Helen said...

:-)

That is why, always be prepared. Dun leave ur offspring one cent until you're safely buried 6ft under! lol

Admin said...

if you don't mund me being old and grumpy,
i'll take this walk with you till eternity,
if you don't mind me being senile or silly,
i'll finish my ohkau, rub my belly and blurp happily.

me said...

dear helen: ya, i'm going to splurge on myself and let them earn their own living. kakakaka

dear ah pek:

you are not old or grumpy,
you are wise and funny,
glad to have you with me
the road won't be so lonely :-)

seefei said...

samsara my fren! samsara! be enlightened & nobody can make u unhappy without your consent.

yoga helps if you can somehow blocked the hardship of teaching your body doing unnatural things and pursue the deeper meaning of the exercise...

me said...

dear fei: wah, one class of yoga and already preaching its benefits. i thought you nearly fell asleep, can grasp deeper meaning somemore ah? kakaka. i think the deeper meaning is that when your body is aching everywhere, you forget about your mental problems :-p *grins* by the way, your body is sure to ache more with each passing day.

5xmom.com said...

You know the saying, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. Let's sing to that too! Gee, I missed my disco days when that song by Billy Ocean was hot.

me said...

dear lilian: wah, boogie queen ah?

Ianfluenza said...

Wow... you guys are hardcore poets! I cannot write a decent poem for nuts and everyone's flushing out homophonic lines so effortlessly that they can make rap songs out of these paragraphs!

me: have you dunked some ginkgo pills yet? hehehe...

me said...

no way, man. that took me so long to compose. but it sounds better than just writing a post about how i felt - more melodical. ermmm....actually i haven't popped any gingko pills yet. ;-) got some for my dad though. trying alternative theraphy - like laughing and relaxing :-)

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...