Wednesday, January 03, 2007

another chance at my resolutions

crash, boom, bang........and 2007 is here!

despite the fact that i tried to slam the door in its face and locked, double-locked and even padlocked the front gate, the very stubborn and persistent new year is finally here.

i dragged my semi-conscious brain to the nearest countdown celebration during new year eve and joined the throng of merry party-goers, who were all waiting for the 5.....4.....3.....2.....you know what i mean. to add to the mood and transform myself from a sleepy zombie into another merry-maker in the crowd, i downed a bottle of heineken. stayed stubbornly sober though. i knew i should have gone for the half-dozen-bottle deal.


another new year, another year older.....so to speak. i'm not particularly worried about the 36 years old part. i think i have made a fairly good trade with confidence, wisdom and empathy for a few wrinkles here and there. okay, maybe i didn't get such a good deal with the lacking lustre skin, the losing elasticity bit and the lower metabolism, but i'll take it any day rather than the ditzy, confused and oh so sensitive age. wait a minute, i think i kept the ditzy part...... oh well.......nobody's perfect.

having had a few days to mull over my new year resolutions, which i didn't really bother to actually, i shall list them here. i'll just make them up as i go along.

1. to be happy. this was last year's and it shall be this year's again. as a reminder, so that i don't pull myself into one of those bottomless spiralling pit.

2. to listen. i thought i have always done a very good job.....but last year, i realised i was only hearing. perhaps it's a little too late for some party concerned....this is one of the hardest resolution, what with a million things going on at the same time and everybody pulling me apart with their demands, making me tired to the soul, but i shall endeavour.

3. to pay a little more attention to what my body needs. when there are a thousand cries, yours will be the last to be heard. i need a little time to attend to this aging structure before it gets up and abandon this silly soul.

4. to love a little more. for those nearest and dearest, sometimes i'm too tired to be there for them. this year, brand's chicken essence shall be my best friend as i strive to work with them, play with them and just be there for them.

5. to read. i love reading. i have a whole bookcase of unread books. lately i have been reading short meaningless trashy stuffs just to fill in the need but it's just not satisfying the soul. resolution 4 and resolution 5 will probably conflict....

6. to finish what i have started. i have hundreds of little bottles and packets of all sorts, from creams to conditioners, from perfume to snacks. i also have a list of courses which i have enrolled in but never got around to finishing. i didn't get around to accomplishing this resolution last year, so i'm determined to achieve it this time.

6 resolutions. same as last year.

i have one wish though. please don't throw me anymore curve balls this year. pleaseeeeeeeeee. whoever or whatever is the almighty powers that be presiding high up above, i beg of you to not to give me anymore high hurdles and brick walls.

i have a weak soul.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

No matter what we did or didn't do, the cold hard truth is that we'll grow one year older every friggin nude year. ;)

Time is money. Time is also a beauty killer. ;p

Anonymous said...

Resolutions. Make em. Break em. But no need to moan over them.

Anonymous said...

Another of my resolutions this year might be to quit eating healthy foods. Yeah, I ought to succeed there. To live on cake, candy, coffee and cereal. To yell at my kids once a day. To criticize my husband once a week.

I think I'm off to a pretty good start! *high five*

Anonymous said...

High hurdles and brick walls and you are complaining already? Its only the starting point.
This year I am going to make it
so high you can't get over it,
so low, you can't get under it,
so wide you can't get around it...

Geez, the Bosom of Abraham thingy is still playing in my mind. Sorry I got carried away. LOL

-The Almighty One.





-The Almighty One

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

Hmmmm I like the pay attention to body bit...I better start going for facials...my resolution very simple wan, make it to the end of 2007, anything else is a bonus *grin*

Bernard said...

Listening is difficult horr..

... especially when there are so many voices talking at the same time.

.. and now all the browsers.. sport multiple tabs. Ish ish ish, makes it worse.

Anonymous said...

New year new resolution... wishing have a great 2007. I saw Heineken? hehehe... my favorite beers.

ah pek said...

Are those your thighs?

me said...

dear titoki: haha! true beauty lies within *wink* funny how the people who say that are usually not very beautiful. kakakaka.

dear jonzzy: short and sweet. if you don't moan over them just a little, it kinda makes them pointless, as if you don't really care whether you achieve them or not? get it?

dear annie: yehhhh annie! trust you to come up with resolutions for things you are already doing! hahaha.

dear cocka: oh the almighty one, give me a chance lah.

"kei sart ngor hai suk yee kek toe yung yi sau siong tek lui yan" (actually i belong to an extremely fragile type of woman....)

dear ff: wah, your expectation so low ah? you like to pay attention to others' body bits or your own ah? *wink wink*

dear bernard: hahaha. you make it sound like one of those multiple personality person. i totally agree with you. the din of the modern life...and i'm not even talking about the noises.

dear kenny: bottoms up then! *grins* happy new year.

dear ah pek: never read my post before meh? i wish i have slim beautiful thighs like those lah but i need my heavy thighs to store my fats there. it belongs to the 'peh chau mui'...she'll kill me if she knows i took her photo. *grins*

Immomsdaughter said...

A bit late but Happy New Year anyway. Blame the delay on the internet connection :)

me said...

dear imd: never too late to wish someone a happy new year. have a good one yourself :-)

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...