Friday, February 09, 2007

friday

it's friday and i have nothing to blog about. the brain is closing for the weekend and i'm totally exhausted. one more party and countless obligations left on my check-list before i go off for the holidays. the last i wrote, i was disappointed with the lack of festivity mood here but i am determined to change that, even if it means getting new underwears and clothes to get into the mood of things. however, the way things are going now, i'm lucky to spend chinese new year awake with my eyes wide open.

it's 3pm now and i've got another 4 hours for me to prim, dress my best and put all those paints and plaster on for the party tonight. i didn't have time to get any new clothes yet, so can cinderella's godmother please come out of retirement and make some magic with her wand?

we are having the clan reunion tonight, which is one whole week early. last night was my second time doing the 'low sang' thingy and i' m pretty sure there will be another one tonight. rapidly getting tired of it. the novelty wore off... years ago. if i doggedly hold on to my chopsticks tonight and determinedly continue even when others have long stopped, will i get a windfall in my bank account this year?

i'm leaving the bitchy me in the closet again tonight. for once, wouldn't it be nice to say, 'no lah, no more plans for having more kids. what do you think i am? pig ah? you want to pay for my tummy tuck and plastic surgery? ', instead of the demure 'haha. 2 is enough'?

i'm also sick of eating abalone and shark's fins soup. that sounds rather pretentious. i don't refuse to eat it but i don't see what's the fuss about? the spongy twangy bite of the two which has absolutely no taste except for the chicken soup and chinese ham that went into the process of cooking it (slurp the soup only then!!). the only time that people seems to order it is when they want to impress others. how pretentious.

i wonder. i wonder why you are sitting there, listening to me ranting? i told you i have nothing to blog about today but you continued to read all this crap. sigh! *shakes head sadly* poor thing.

i'm crabby today. annie says i am.

9 comments:

Jonzz said...

I heard a rumor there was crab around but it looks like it's only a crabby ME.

No! No! No need to leave the beechy one in the closet! It's not chinese new year yet. Your actions will have no consequences on the new year. WA HA HA HA HA HA HA (Disclaimer: I'm AM not superstitious)

Abalone and shark fin? Salty chewing gum and hardened jelly strips more likely. I doubt we even get real stuff these days. Save the sharks!!!!!

Anonymous said...

A lot of people loves to eat junk food. That is why i still reading your rubbish. Haha.

Cocka Doodle said...

My my, you are crabby today....and even walking sideways to prove your point too. LOL

Anonymous said...

ok ok i'm leaving.. i get your point.

Annie said...

Oh sure, BLAME Annie. that poor little girl gets blamed for everything. Getting all dressed up and have somewhere to go? That sounds like fun.. but oh yes, it's appropriate to keep the bitchiness *IN* the closet.

Come to blog, then you may come *out* of the closet.

and TWO children ARE ENOUGH! Last time I left hubby with the kids for a weekend alone, he quickly agreed with my wise assessment.
:D

Pictures, we want pictures of your dress. Because it's all about fashion.

Unknown said...

Poor me, really me, moi.. reading me, that's "you" blog about nothing... me, i really mean I have nothing better to do than to read me (meaning you) until I get chased away.

Ok i'm leaving... hey.. thanks for the dose of the classics. love it.

Ianfluenza said...

i'm also sick of eating abalone and shark's fins soup.

WHOAAAAAAAA!!!!

Manyak kaya ni!!!!

me said...

dear jonzz: *snap* watch your fingers!

dear why *flying kick* junk food gives you cholesterol and fat!

dear cocka: all women walk sideways! it's our prerogative. hmph! *flicks hair and walks off*

dear ah pek: haha! :-p

dear annie: just stating obvious fact; that annie said i was crabby. :-p the fact that i was infact crabby that day was mere coincidence. u sure u want to see the dress? the party was for chinese new year, so we were all appropriately dressed in oriental theme clothings...and red is a definite must.

dear bernard: pening lah, reading your comment. i'm about to change the nickname but i tot i should stick to it for a little while lest ppl get confused when i leave comments in their blog. looks like i should have done it sooner, what with yr doses of me, moi and i. *pengsan*

me said...

dear ian: aha! there's a fallacy in yr assumption. bukan saya bayar lah. saya buka mulut makan sajaaaaaaa :-p mana ada kaya? i wouldn't mind if u belanja me shark's fin juga.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...