Monday, February 12, 2007

intimacy

i fear it as much as i crave it.

the walls around me have become part of my world, my being. without it, i will be lost. without it, i will not know how to interact. i like the detachment it provides me, the surreal world it harbors.

i sit in my cocoon, away from the judging eyes of the world. i hide in a place where words and opinions mean nothing.

yet, at the same time, i yearn to connect. i look longingly at people baring their souls and wish that i am part of them. sadly i know that i will never be.

these walls have trapped me within.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and you are slowly going crazy...

Anonymous said...

Hello ME, your new blog:)

Everyone builds walls. Just how high. I wonder if we can build and demolish the walls as we fancy.

me said...

dear ah pek: haha. and i have ah pek going crazy together with me *grins*

dear pooh: building is easy, it's the demolishing part. once u r so used to building, it's hard to demolish them.

Jonzz said...

Fear of intimacy. I think everyone has them to a certain degree.

It's no fun living behind walls. I guess relationships is a delicate balance between risk and wisdom. (Oooh, so chim, ha ha)

Unknown said...

ME (that's you, no need to change your nick lah... the uppercase "ME" is you lorr... like the new MINI Cooper, i'll use lowercase "me" for moi), we all have our walls to protect our personal space.

BUT we are naturally social creatures...
.. so, we WANT to connect with other people.

AND sometimes we are just learning what reality is..
.. so, we LOOK into other people's lives to compare.

Being kay-po is the natural result of these urges. I'm kay-po too. That's why I read.

me said...

dear jonzz: haha, u r getting so chim also.

dear bernard: haha. i like what u said. u reason it all so well.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...