Friday, March 09, 2007

resolution revised

before you begin, i just want to confirm that there is nothing wrong with your eyesight. you can cancel that ophthalmologist's appointment you have just made, i have indeed made the text on this post smaller. when the post is going to be rather long, i shrink the text to make it look like it's not really that long and so, fussy readers won't accuse me of being long-winded. it's all an optical illusion. ta dah! ingenious, don't you think? *patting myself on the head*

i'm wondering......

(readers: what? again?)

yes, again. there's no crime to wondering, is there? what's a brain to do except to wonder in its free time.

as i was saying, i'm wondering. why i have managed to attract readers who seem to come in quite regularly to read my blog....but never seem to leave any comment. surely it means that they like what they are reading (though i have no idea what anyone finds interesting about a long-winded hallucinating crazy aunty) for otherwise they will not return but somehow, for some reason, they have nothing to say to the nonsense i write.

there must be something that you people want to say..is it me? is it the things i write about? i'm curious. i know of quite a few people who drop in, read and then poof!.. vanish. am i unapproacheable or something? or maybe conversations with me is not exactly the highlight of your day? i guess i don't really mind, but it stirred my curiousity. it seems to be a trend with this blog. it also feels a little strange, because somewhere out there, people know about me..but they don't give me a chance to know them. a little one-way street, if you think about it.

on with the post. (readers: wha?!?! after all that rambling, the post is only beginning...NOW?!) yes, yes. this blog is specially tailored to cultivate patience in my readers. consider this my contribution to society. ahem!

it's already the month of march in 2007. (duh!) this is not another post about how time flies, relax. i don't know when, i don't know how. somewhere along the line, i have shrunk the resolutions i have made at the start of the year to only 1. 1 miserable all-encompassing resolution. no. 6 to be more precise.

finishing up stuffs. i can't believe how much things i have started out and not finish.

1. slimming and facial courses that i have paid for with good money but did not complete *rolls eyes*

2. piles and piles of books that i have bought, and bought, and bought...and bought but never found the time to finish. (gasp! we have visuals this time!)




3. another equally unnerving pile of dvds of movies that i just have to see.....but are gathering dust at the moment.

4. truckloads of products, for every part of my body from head to toe, that i have not touched.



5. there is also that thing called work and filing which is slowly but surely taking over every inch of my desktop. now, that one can sit and stew for a little while longer :-p

6. i have a whole cabinet full of snack food. yummmmmmy crunchy snack food. it shall be my mission to finish all of it within this year. what a blissful resolution. then i definitely have to make use of my leftover slimming sessions at the slimming centre. killing two birds with one stone; how clever this little blogger has become :-)

my new resolution - to de-clutter my life. i know, with a dramatic sweep of my hand i can de-clutter my life in an instant but that's wasteful, isn't it?

so, if you see me with goo sticking on every possible surface of my self and my nose stuck between the pages of a book, you'll know i'm trying very hard to stick to my resolution.



13 comments:

sereneannabelle said...

yes yes!! that's what i am thinking too. in fact, on some days when i see soooo many unique visitors through my statcounter, my number of comments is sooo little!! it can even be ZERO. ZERO!!!! i'm so sad.

Anonymous said...

hehehee.. i got past that quite sometime ago, Never bother about getting lots of comments now.

0 comments oso i don't mind as long as my readership stats keeps going up. That's why i very lazy to reply to my comments nowadays.

me said...

dear serene: heehee. i'm also guilty of visiting yr blog regularly but never leaving any comment. nowww...why did i do that? naughty me. maybe bcos it's the huge gap in our age and i tot prob my comments will not be what someone yr age wants to hear. ok, promise to leave a comment each time i peek in, ok?

dear ah pek: you are right, of course. no comments mean no need to spend so much time replying...but it's slightly different cos i write things on a more personal vein. very personal infact. so, i'll like to know why people want to read them but not say a word, then come back to read some more. it feels more intrusive, rather than like friends wanting to know me better, which is how i have come to think of u guys.

zewt said...

based on my stats... i have blogger who drops by and leave within 5 seconds... poof! an average of 50 such bloggers a day.... incredible huh.

and wow... a full cabinet of junk! that's a lot of junk.... food

Unknown said...

Wowwww... amazing how you can accumulate soo many tubes and tubs!!

Re: comments... got something to say mah comment lo.. or a good word to encourage. :-)

And you're right la.. one does need to have patience when reading your blog. Good thing it starts with "W" so that I read it towards the end of my blog-hopping streak when I have more time to ponder. ;-)

Jonzz said...

Dropping by on a blah Monday Morning... wah so small fonts.... Cluttered vision... wargh!

me said...

dear zewt: huh? cannot be. how can they finish yr ....erm..lengthy post in 5 seconds?! must be 'sek pau tak harn moe yeh choe' readers who click in again and again to check if you have updated. who?! me?! noooooo. *whistling innocently*

dear bernard: amazinglehhhhh. can i go into guiness book of records ah? aha! *knocks bernard with an unread book* u r not suppose to agree with me when i say reading my blog needs patience. sheesh! :-p

dear jonzz: what small fonts? don't have ah. you need glasses, jonzz. getting old lohhhhhh. :-p

Las montaƱas said...

*gives trash bag to ME*

Just throw them in!!!!

me said...

dear monty: so wasteful, that's a sin. *hands over bags of opened chips to monty* here, help me finish this.

Unknown said...

Kekekekeke... ok.. i read it 3rd last today. Happy? ;-)

Unknown said...

C'mon that was a compliment... that means.. what you write is read with much deliberation. ;-)

Dun get ganas, k?

zewt said...

so have you stuffed yourself with all those junks yet? dont lie.. i know you'll eat them all.

yeah la....those tuck ham mo yeh jo readers perhaps. maybe they just curious... drop by and look see look see only.... 8 kua

me said...

dear bernard: gasp! 3rd last?!? i must go pop some champagne to celebrate! kakakaka. next time...try reading in a descending order, alphabetical wise. *grins* thxs for the compliment *wink*

dear zewt: haha. u know...there's a reason those opened chips, unfinished crackers, leftover sweets etc were not finished in the first place. n i just remembered when i bit into those limpy crisps, stinky biscuits and utterly yucky whatever.:-p

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...