Monday, July 09, 2007

hanging on

haven't been myself lately (in which case, who else can i be?? silly way to phrase it.)

called her at 9:11 am, just as i was almost reaching home. finished forwarding my instructions but she clung on to the line.

i reached home. i parked my car.

she was still on the line.

i got down the car and walked to the lift. she was still on the line, grumbling and whining.

i stood at the side of the lift, waiting for her to finish. should i enter? entering the lift would mean the line will be cut off automatically.

she continued to complain and griped.

i stood there, overlooking the potted plants, whilst she complained about everybody and i listened. my idle hands thrashed the leaves whilst my ears did a service. everyone needs someone in their lives to listen to their grievances from time to time. i was stuck there, unable to return home. no place to sit. no place to go. cornered, like a small dog. i miss my sofaaaaaa!

the handphone was getting very hot.

the cleaners walked past....giving me strange looks.

the gardeners walked past....looking up and down.

more cleaners walked past.

sigh! it was getting embarrassing.

finally! she was done with her moaning. she hung up. i looked at my handphone. 10 o'clock? i stood there for 45 minutes whilst she talked and talked....and talked? it just struck me....why didn't i just tell her "i'm going into the lift. i'll call you back later"?

sometimes, i'm such a dope.

9 comments:

Admin said...

all the signs of a 3rd auntie, 8th granny. tok non stop.

dunno got what to tok can tok for nearly one hour.

zewt said...

who's complainin? what's the complaint?

me said...

dear ah pek: i listen only mahhhhh. one hour already 3rd auntie, 8th granny ah? last time i can talk until the cows come home also ah, fall asleep with the ear piece on my ear somemore. keng or not?!

dear zewt: who's so pak kua? why so pak kua? you never read story books meh? all identities have been erased to protect the people. sorry.

zewt said...

in story books...they change la... not erase...

me said...

dear zewt: oh yah! hahaha! witness protection scheme lah. hehe.

Jonzz said...

Aiya, just cut her off with the lift la. It was there and you didn't take it.

Opportunity doesn't knock twice.

KAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA

*Trail of smoke where Jonzz last standing*

me said...

dear jonzz: you're getting scary, zipping in and out like that, leaving behind trails of dust and smoke. macam ghost liddat.

that's why i'm so dumb. i tot of that only after suffering 3rd degree burns from over-handphone usage. :-(

may said...

serious?! you hung on for 45 minutes waiting for her to finish? hmmmm... you're a pretty good friend to do that, hor? if it was someone whom I don't know well, I'd have made some excuse to get off liao... teehee!

me said...

dear may: i don't even think we are friends. but ppl go crazy when they don't hv anybody to whine to....and if she leaves, i'll hv to look for a replacement. so....lending my ear was easier.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...