Tuesday, August 14, 2007

ouch

what is it with me and burns anyway?

when i was 11, this classmate was curious about the consequence of hot rubber seed on human skin. so, the inquisitive little bunny rubbed a rubber seed vigorously until it was all hot and then placed it on my hand. i can't remember the aftermath but he (yes, only a 'he' can be such an idiot) must have survived the incident because i still see him around and i was never charged for any homicide. that left a scar on my hand, which paled only after another 5 years.

in my 20s, amidst some very disorganised kitchen maneuvers, hubby scalded me with a pot of hot water. that also left a mark of my tummy and wariness whenever he has in his grasp anything similarly hazardous.

seems like i never learn from past experience. last year i walked out of the car and straight into the burning-hot exhaust of a recently parked motorcycle. the numerous agonising and traumatic wound-scraping and cleaning visits to the doctor is imprinted deeply into my brain....for perhaps another couple of years, at least.

sigh! a few days ago, the simple act of lifting the cover off a boiling pot ended up with yet another big burn, the size of a plum, on my hand. a big red and angry, now turning brown, mark.

i'm clumsy, that is a universally known fact and is highly supported by a legion of evidences. there isn't much place left for me to deform on my self so i must be fastidious and choose my battles.

in the meantime, any readers stalking me, if you see any lady with a big brownish red blotch on her hand, you'll know it's me. recognition is offered for a limited period only, until the scar fades.


12 comments:

Annie said...

The truth is aliens have been abducting you while you're sleeping and you wake out of your trance with these "burn" marks.

Monty can confirm this.

Anonymous said...

Sounds painful. Thank goodness I hv nv been burnt before :)

Jonzz said...

Put some aloe vera on it. Hmm... dunno why I so supportive of aloe vera! Must be the wonders they worked on my mega sunburn the last time, ha ha

Wuching said...

aloe vera is the best cure for skin burns, rashes or anything to do with skin! i can vouch for it & its good for accident prone person like u!

Anonymous said...

My heart aches upon seeing the hand with a burn mark.

sengkor said...

got try minyak cap kapak?

if got, please note that tht's for tummy pain ok.. not for burnt..

Anonymous said...

*shivers*

who would want to stalk someone with a homicidal tendency??

me said...

dear annie: montyyyyyyyy, are you responsible for this burn markkkkk??!! wait till i get my hands on that alien!

dear pooh: how lucky. but i bet you must have some painful injuries on your bike before too...

dear jonzz: that might work.....if i can get my hands on some aloe vera. mine died a very natural death (at the hands of my not-so-green fingers) when i moved them from the ground to a pot. :-(

dear wuching: hehe. then i should find all the aloe vera i can and squash them into cream for daily use.

dear licky: if you see the scars all over me, accumulated from years of carelessness, your heart will have to break to million pieces. hehe.

dear sengkor: hahahaha. good one. come more often and leave funny comments liddat to cheer me up lah. gave me a smile early in the morning. thanks.

dear e: some perverted rather forward and presumptious reader...like someone we both know?? hahahaha.

Las montaƱas said...

oh, let me check...

I'm sorry to inform you that our medical team has not adhered to proper procedures and have set the temperature of the probe to way above normal allowed limits for humans.

sorry!

me said...

dear monty: i'm going to sue the pants off that alien!!!! errr...how come you probe hands keh?? go figure, strange extraterrestial beings!

Anonymous said...

A pervert should get along with a homicidal like a house on fire!

Ha ha.

me said...

dear e: the homicidal will chop the perverted up and the perverted will be secretly delighted with the prospect?!??! it's dangerous, almost catastrophical, to let 2 loonies together.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...