Friday, September 28, 2007

accidental meeting

have you realised something?

that we always seem to bump into people whom we have absolutely no desire to bump into. fate seems to play its hand in the strangest way, making two people who are bordering on detest (this being after the millionth accidental meeting), or at the very least, oblivious of each other, see each other's face everywhere they turn. oblivion can very quickly turn into a stronger and distasteful feeling.

why is it that we never bump into the people that we hunger to see....like mr tony leung would be nice. i don't mind mr takeshi kaneshiro either. infact, there are probably a few thousand people out there that i wouldn't mind meeting on a regular basis. but i always seem to chance upon those that are scrapping the barrel on the list, if they are even on the list for that matter.

my ex-classmate being one of them. and my neighbour being the other. from all my years of studying, i probably have a whole army of friends, many whom i have formed a close bond over the years. some, like this girl that i remember very fondly, have managed to slip through the fingers of time and all contacts have been severed. left only with a name and nowhere to look, i often think of her and wish there weren't so many jacquelines in the world, making my hunt just that little bit easier. he, on the other hand, i don't even recall being fairly close to during my college days. i can't even remember if he was even in the same class, who he hung around with or whether he attended classes on a regular basis. but when i started bumping into him, i never seem to stop. so much so that our conversation starts with, 'you again ah? bye!'. there was always the compulsory 'we must get together one day, with the old friends' but in the many many times that we have since encountered each other, we have still not circled a date in the calendar for that elusive get-together. we could be more than acquaintances i guess, with fate playing such a purposeful role in our meetings, but sometimes destiny withholds just one more playing card up its sleeve and there is a missing link.

bumping into my neighbour should not be a part of fate's manuevers for after all, we live under the same roof so the likelihood of meeting up is always there. this man, the one that asked 'how much did you renovate your place for?' the very second he saw me and pounced on me with questions of my imaginary investment each time he sees me, which caused an instant irremediable distaste for his character, has since moved to another property. he comes back every once in a while, and i'm beginning to believe that i bump into him each and every time that he comes back!, for reasons i have no interest of learning, during all hours of the day. the strange thing being, despite it being all hours of the day, i still bump into him all the time. it's not like a regular peak-hour-meet-in-the-lift type of accidental meeting, it's more of a are-you-stalking-me genre! am i being dramatical again? let me put it this way, if i see his back again, i'm calling for the asylum myself.

*looking out the window* he says he doesn't live here....but there are clothes hanging out the window. i'm starting to sound like the neighbour from hell. but seriously, how can fate be so free as to manipulate my life like so? it's one accidental meeting too much. it would be nice if he was that handsome boy i talked to once during my primary school days many eons ago......wait a minute!! maybe fate is telling me that THIS is that boy! that boy who has evolved into a fat balding middle-aged creepy insurance agent!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I in the list of the people you would like to bump into?

me said...

dear licky: err...shouldn't this comment be in the next post?? well, depends. are you my next-door neighbour?? hahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Gross. What you need girlfriend is a move to Hollywood. That way, you can run into celebrities and meet good looking people.

There. Problem solved. Your bill is in the mail.

me said...

dear annie: with my luck, i'll still bump into my neighbour when i'm in hollywood! ewwwwwww!

Anonymous said...

why didn't i bump into u in kl leh? no faith or destiny lor! hehehehe

Anonymous said...

*Laughing at Annie's comment*

On the contrary, I do like bumping into people in the past, either to re-establish old contacts or that they've given me some chances to clear some bad history.

me said...

dear wuching: hehe. sometimes destiny is a manipulation of human actions. nxt time loh.

dear jonzz: so do i. once in a while. bumping into ppl i hvn't seen for a long time is nice....but the point is when u keep bumping into them, time and time again, and time and time again..and time..u get the idea. u run out of things to say and the novelty wears off.

Anonymous said...

this is what you call 'yun ga lo jak'...

me said...

dear zewt: you think his bones were mixed with mine in our previous life?

Anonymous said...

geee...what were u doing with him in your previous life????

me said...

dear zewt: talking about zewt behind his back

Anonymous said...

Did Jonzz say he llike to bump into people from the past?!!! omg!

me said...

dear monty: why? it's not like he said he'll like to bump people from his past. there's a difference you know. are you from his past??

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...