Tuesday, October 02, 2007

escape from hell

does anyone know how to read body language?

that was on my mind the whole time i sat through the meeting. sitting around a small table in coffee beans, she leaned into the conversation. her body arched as far as she could go, almost as if she was imparting some secret that has been guarded for generations. i, on the other hand, leaned as far back into my chair as i could go. does she have bad mouth odour? i don't think so, but sticking my face so close to hers is not very appealing. i felt like shooing her back a little, to return me a little personal space. i stare at her wrinkles and her open pores. she's probably doing the same. sigh! if she was of the male sex, i would have screamed 'pervert!'.

meetings at coffee places are never a good idea, yet i never seem to learn. the chugging of her ramblings are like the electric-powered train, never stopping, never slowing. no gaps for me to edge in a 'i need to go to the ladies'. perhaps she's worried i'll hide in there and never return, if given half a chance for me to make my escape. for 2 hours, i listen to her babble. it can very well turn into a one way monotony, with appropriate 'uh huh' and 'yes' here and there, i may very well have to listen to her voice for what will seem like forever. the sombre clanging of the jail-door in my mind seemed very real then.

with my bladders bursting and my not-so-discreet looking at my watch, which i almost never wear except on occasion like this where it acts as a deliberate reminder to the counterparty, she still refused to get the hint. even my impatient tapping on my handphone didn't furnish the keys to my jail-break sentence. i couldn't afford the 'i-need-to-use-the-bathroom' excuse anymore, she may very well expect me to return and sit for another couple of hours after my bladders have been relieved. i blatantly told her i had to go, like that was something new to her. i had to go half an hour ago. i would have liked to go one hour ago.

she told me that she flew in purposely for this visit. i told her she didn't have to in the future. i would have kneeled down on my feet and begged her not to, to please spareeee me, if it didn't look so desperate and whiny. she insisted. i am so not looking forward to the next time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe she really wants you to listen to her... but i guess she failed... since you wanna beg her not to do it... right?

me said...

i'm sure she wants me to listen to her, but she's so aggressive and pushy that i'm not interested in listening. aggressiveness in women is not very appealing, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

depends on the aggression.

me said...

hahaha. i'm sure. i'm guessing there are whips and leather tights involved :-p

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...