Monday, March 17, 2008

connections

she called me early in the morning.

mr. x gave me tickets to the hottest event in town, he asked your mum and you to go and you know who he is lah.

*rolls eyes*

who he is? that's such an ugly way to put it. sounds like a veiled threat even. who is he?

the brother of someone important. but does that make him important in my book? or his sister, for that matter? important enough for me to get all dressed up, teeter in 5-inch high heels, plaster paint on my face and sit through hours of anorexic women walking up and down the catwalk?

no.

i would have, if someone asks me to go, and lend support to the event, to be another pretty face (ahem!) in the sea of spectators. but to go because someone is the brother of someone else, whom i don't even care? i rather stay home and watch tv.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

but....I've two tickets and I intend to invite you. Will you come?

me said...

dear anon: if u ask nicely, and don't use somebody else's name to threaten me *grin* but tickets to where? men striptease show?? i'll be there in a jiffy! hahahah!

Anonymous said...

gimme the tickets then

Mamapumpkin said...

*snigger* I don't know why many people get so excited over 'somebodies'......We're all somebodies in our own right. People should have more confidence in themselves. Nuff of my rants.

me said...

dear wuchy: then i will also have to give u the air tickets to come attend. sheesh. not enough money leh.

dear big p: haha, just not 'somebodies' enuf that the whole world acknowledges. which, to me, i feel is much better. imagine being in the limelight all the time. whispers: look, look, that's so and so. look at how she eat, so fast like hungry ghost liddat' hahahaha.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...