Sunday, March 16, 2008

a morning rendezvous

i was sitting in coffee bean, sipping my regular cup of americano and flipping through the dailies, when he walked up to me.

bronze coloured hair, with the cutest smile on his lips. not those artificial-dyed bronze of someone pretending to be of foreign progeniture but a natural rusty colour. very sexy. he promptly plopped himself on the seat opposite mine, with nary an invitation, and introduced himself. i didn't ask, was what went through my mind. he told me how old he is. i have no idea why. a little too young for my taste, if you ask me....... but he has the cutest grin.

he asked what i was drinking. coffee, i said. too hot for him, it seems. how was your day? forward young man. considering it is only 10 in the morning, it's only just beginning. so-so, i told him. and how was yours ? he launched into a long speech about how his day has been so far, only he was sitting too far back in his seat for me to catch a single word. i flashed him a smile in reply. he tried again, with another topic. but the music floating in the air was too loud for me to catch what he was saying. not quite conducive for a morning rendezvous.

someone called his name. he had to go. his companion was waiting. he smiled at me as he said goodbye. i wish we could have talked more, get to know each other a little. perhaps this is fate.

meet daniel. he is five. a small five, he told me, though i have no idea what a big five would have meant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep. you still got it. age is of no concern in these days & age! look at demi moore, elle mcpherson & all those hollywood sugar mama! you can be one too hahahaha

zewt said...

leave a 5 year old kid alone la...

Cocka Doodle said...

cradle snatcher!

me said...

dear wuchy: when i am 60 and he is 28, i will definitely tell u age is of no concern!!! hahaha. but now, i don't know what we can talk about except for that toy aeroplane he was holding. no topic lah. i prefer mature men.

dear zewt: eh, he shld be leaving me alone lah. he approached me, remember?

dear chicken: ya, like u r oogling 40 yr old aunties and whistling at 50 year old women. u also cradle snatcher lah.

Jonzz said...

Congratulations, you have universal appeal! (Hmm, wonder if universal is the right word to use, HA HA)

me said...

dear jonzz: ya, i'm waiting for the duck and the chicken also to be 'attracted' to me, then i can have roast poultry for dinner. yummmmmm.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...