Monday, May 12, 2008

sleepy head

thursday night.

she visited me again. infact she has been visiting me every night, causing me sleepless nights and making me itch everywhere. i would squash her, if i could, but she flies too fast for me. the freezing air-conditioned temperature doesn't seem to dampen her enthusiasm. i've since learnt that if i switch on the bedside lamp, the darn moskie will leave me alone.

so, in the middle of a very itchy night, i woke up scratching and annoyed and turned on the light. the glare must have woken up the stranger next to me. bewildered and half asleep, he turned to me and asked, 'why did you turn on the light? is it the mosquito again?'.

i told him, 'no. i turned on the light so that i can see myself in my dream. it was too dark'. he turned over and went back to sleep.

humour is lost on person who is half conscious.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's these things they sell at the shops called mosquito coils? You burn them so the smoke keep them away? But obviously its no good for you if you sleep in aircon room so maybe you can try these other things called mosquito aerosol cans that you spray & poison them to death before you turn in for the night? Give these 2 a go first & if they still don't work then I will suggest other solutions like mosquito nets, etc, etc...

And about your sleepyhead hubby? He 's just ignoring you lah.

Anonymous said...

When one is half conscious, one would find your dream humour rather tiresome.

me said...

dear wuchy: the thing about all those things that kill the moskies? they kill us too. slowly but definitely. so i try to stay alive in order to win the darn moskies. i had nets when i was much younger. i think it was more romantic than practical. esp with kids who sleepily jump into yr bed in the middle of the night and get themselves tangle in the nets.

abt sleepyhead, hehe. i know. but i still like to pull his leg.

dear licky: awwwwwww....tiresome? never! a person with a good sense of humour will still smile sleepily at the thought...if the words registered in the first place *grins* u think i should give a cup of coffee before dosing out humour? hehe.

seefei said...

ur relation w ur hubby very deep like sibling. muahahah....

usually i will wake up and go to the first aid box to get some ointment for her. i am sure she will do something similar for me when i have the need.

Jonzz said...

And sarcasm is deadly to the drowsy.

me said...

dear fei: hahaha. don't be too sure. try to feign a moskie bite one night and see if she bothers to get up *raise eyebrow* i'm curious. for me, i won't get any mopiko for him, that's sure. he doesn't even feel the itch!! infact, when i'm around, the darn moskie doesn't even bite him!!! see my big sacrifice?!

dear jonzz: sarcasm wouldn't even penetrate the drowsy! they'll just turn their back and go back to snoozeland. haha.

Annie said...

No. Humor is lost on those who don't have a sense of humor.

I hear bug spray is the new IN-scent for women.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...