Thursday, July 31, 2008

faux-pas

went shopping for my not-so-little niece's birthday. spied this really nice item; you know those big machines in the amusement park with the big claw that you control to go down, right or left to grab the small souvenier that you wanted? well, this was a miniature version of that and me, being still the kid at heart, thought cool! if she hated it, i can always take it back, with a smile on my face.

so, i looked for the nearest salesperson. miss, does this work? she turned and gave me the angriest, most sullen look ever. what? what?? what did i say wrong? err........no! is 'she' not a 'she'?? she did look quite butch, or perhaps unisex is the better description. she's not ugly or anything like that, she just seems to fit both the male and female category. nahhhh, i can't be wrong. or am i? damn! damn! should have just said 'excuse me, does this work....' without any reference to a particular gender. why did i have to put my foot in my mouth! she opens her mouth to reply. damn! still can't tell whether she's a girl or guy. did i interrupt her listening in on her colleague's conversation with another guy or did i made a major boo-hoo in her sexual identity? she still looks pissed off.

much later, i realised she must be a girl. she has boobs. phew! nearly made a faux-pas there. but why was she so angry with me then? permanently contorted face.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you never know..those may be man boobs!

seefei said...

dont look like a girl, dont sound like a girl but definitely a girl.... something fishy here!!

Anonymous said...

i think she's envious of your pretty face.
hahaha.....

me said...

dear all: i feel quite bad bitching about someone i don't know who hasn't done anything to piss me off...so i should refrain from commenting further.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...