Wednesday, July 30, 2008

impressive

don't try to impress me with who you've seen or who you've been with, i probably wouldn't know who they are.

don't try to impress me with how thick your wallet is or how many cards you have inside, i will think you are shallow.

don't try to impress me with the places you have been, i will think you have some big issues you are trying to avoid at home.

don't try to impress me with how big and expensive your car is, i will think you have a small appendage and is trying to make up for the insecurity.

don't try to impress me with the size of your house, i will pity you because it's cold, empty and lonely.

don't try to impress me with the things you know, because i know you'll never know everything.

don't try to impress me with your sensitivity; i don't need to know anyone who cries at the setting sun and thinks that it is moving.

impress me with your patience, for all things big and small.

impress me with your sense of humour, if you are certain you have one.

impress me with your tolerance; for diversity, for difference, for everything that is not you.

impress me with your confidence, because you don't care what everybody else thinks of you.

impress me with your friendship, because you really do care about me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

those 5 points that impress you at the end? you're describing me right? *BIG GRIN*

Las montaƱas said...

You forgot one thing... DIAMONDS!!

zewt said...

intriquing... wonder which nerve got hit today.

Mamapumpkin said...

Exactly my sentiments.....I really liked that. And Zewt so funny lah!!

Actually ah....usually people who come to this level ah....are old oredi. But you, of course, reached this level at an advanced pace *kowtowing on ground*

Anonymous said...

eh, someone stepped on your toes?

me said...

dear wuchy: patience, tick.
sense of humour, tick.
tolerance,...i hear rants about this lah, that lah, i don't know, are you tolerant?....confidence, tick. friendship....awwwwwww. ok, i'm impressed lah.

dear monty: diamonds, i am not impressed. it's a just a big piece of carbonised charcoal.

dear zewt: haha, why would u think that? that behind every rant is one irritable person who pissed me off? nah, it's just all the time i have people around me doing all the wrong types of things, saying the wrong types of things, thinking that it will make a mark. just trying to say that it doesn't.

dear big p: u and me both, we understand how it's like. i'm not exactly spring chicken material. hehe. u also share the sentiment mah....*kowtowing back, pressing self flatter on ground in attempt to be lower*

dear anon: flattered u r commenting, but it feels like talking to air, when u use 'anon'. comeon, live a little, give yourself a handle so that i can identify u. step on my toes? hardly possible, i wear wedges :-p

Las montaƱas said...

oh u dont like diamonds!? wah almost every husbands' dream! :P

me said...

dear monty: would i wear diamonds? sure. but i won't be impressed with diamonds. i don't desire for them, i don't have to have them. they are beautiful though, without a doubt. a classy piece of beauty. but would carina lau's don't-know-how-many-carat diamond make an impression on me? couldn't care less.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...