Wednesday, February 09, 2011

i called the accounts department for enquiries on my account. after listening to my case, she referred me to the billing department. she will try to pass the line, she informed. after waiting for a few minutes, she said, i'm sorry, they are very busy at the moment. can you please call back?

there is no number that i can choose for the billing department for your automated operator
, i replied. yes, there is no direct number to the billing department. thinking that she misunderstood me, since i wasn't asking for a direct telephone number, i clarified that i can't choose the billing department when i'm calling in. yes, you will have to call the accounts department and we will try to pass for you. (that is the part where my jaw hits the floor - like roger rabbit). by experience, you will be more lucky early in the morning or late in the evening. (she was serious! i am suppose to test my luck, very much like the jackpot gambling machine. honestly, i would rather use my luck on lottery tickets)

isn't there an e-mail address that i can send my enquiries direct to? the e-mail will only go to the e-mail department, not the billing department. my jaw can't very well drop to the floor two times, so i am only left with a big gaping hole where my mouth is. how do you even respond to something as senseless as that. i can't help but think that only in our country we will have a system as fool proof as that - a system to proof that the designer is a fool.

i've never thought that secretive invisible departments very much like the c.i.a. and f.b.i. will exist for billing department of a national telephone company. i wonder if they operate from some secret basement 100 feet from ground and is only accessible by a secret lift disguised as a letter box.

No comments:

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...