Friday, April 04, 2014

squeak

the cat is still away, and the mouse is out to play again.

today i had a craving for coffee. coffee and a piece of cake. i skyped hubs and told him that i am yearning for it and he told me to go. a very simple word, one syllable at most: go. yet it was something that never crossed my mind. i have been a relatively go-getter kind of person but i don't know how, when and why i have slowly turned into this person who is afraid of change, afraid of stepping slightly out of my routine. even though i wasn't planning to work today, it didn't cross my mind to outright play hooky, to let my hair down and just chill at the nearest coffee place. my subconscious seem to balk at such a suggestion. well, today i scoff at my subconscious.




one idea. one suggestion. one action. and here i am.

apparently it wasn't the caffeine that i needed but the whole package; the soft jazzy music piped softly in the background, the cold air-condition blocking out the humid stuffy temperate air, the thick glass walls intercepting the din of traffic yet providing one with an aloof glimpse of the outside world, the cocoon sheltering for a little while from the craziness of the world, a little bit of 'me' time; to ponder, to unwind, to mull, to breathe a little easier.

p/s: by the time i have finished writing this, edit it, upload the photo, the coffee has turned cold, the air-cond into a winter freeze and my bladder is close to bursting. apparently one will also tire of too much of a good thing. woman! by definition you must be a specie that is impossible to please.

No comments:

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...