Monday, March 20, 2006

a letter to self

last week has been a real test to my endurability ~ gastronomy wise. i had japanese food 5 times in 7 days, each time not on my own initiative. the most surprising of the whole experience is that i am not yet weary of it. i probably have udon sprouting out from my nose, california maki from my ears and tempura foaming from my mouth but if anyone was to invite me for yet another round of japanese food, i am game.

**********************

dear self,

i am trying my very best to move on.

i have not drank tea for 10days now and counting.........i don't know since when i have developed this addiction. over time, i have developed a close rapport with tea and have looked forward to each cuppa. it has brought me countless hours of enjoyment and sanity, amidst this crazy world that i live in. i take pleasure in being able to talk to my cup of tea as it listens without judgement.

but for each and every good thing, there is always a time to move on.

i am surprised that with each passing day that i am going without, i actually find it easier to break away from this craving. i have always visualised a much more heart-breaking scenario. the first few days were the most torturous. when i knew in my heart that it was the last cup of tea that i will be having for some time, my heart was heavy and i question my reasons for that decision. do i not enjoy drinking tea anymore or has it become too much of a chore? when i realise that neither the tea nor I was looking forward to that moment anymore, i knew it was time to carry on with my life. it was a case of too much of a good thing.

the cup of tea no longer cares if i will turn up and savour it anymore, nor is it interested in learning more about me and listening to my tales. i am but another passing face in the sea of people. i refuse. i refuse to be just another person who knows how to savour the flavour of tea. i do not wish to impose my desires and sentiments on it. i choose to continue moving.......to another friend that will revere me.

the days seem emptier and there is something less to look forward to. yet i carry on.........

i don't want to drink tea for the sake of drinking tea........i have gone through much to have my usual cup but when it does not carry anymore meaning, the cup of tea now taste bland and cold.

6 comments:

5xmom.com said...

When tea turns bland, there is always coffee. When coffee also turn bland, there is sake....

Admin said...

when sake turns bland, there's always ohkau. when ohkau turns bland there is still toddy. so no fret. let's move on. look beyond those mountains. look for your perfect cuppa. yaam seeeng!!

me said...

sigh......yam seeeeeng!

pt said...

all the tea/coffee/ohkau/or your perfect cuppa didnot bland you up....go back to japanese food. I heard of Jagoya Japanese Buffet Restaurant, hv u been there yet?
got an email ..I sent you yummy pics ....sure bland up wan.


my email: pt.time@hotmail.com

pt said...

actually its:

the new Jagoya Japanese Buffet Restaurant at Starhill, KL

me said...

ohhhh! it's that new one at starhill. not yet but have every intention to try when the people around have got over their japanese food phobia. infact, i went to the renaissance hotel japanese buffet last week and it was also yuuuuuuummy.....

you can always get me at kaypolenglui@yahoo.com

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...