Friday, April 06, 2007

choices

the problem with choices ....is that there are one too many choice.

life would be much simpler if there was only one alternative in most things we do. boring perhaps, tedious sometimes, but time-efficient. especially for this one who spends a lot of time deliberating behind fast-food counters and staring at menus, trying to decide what to eat, what to drink and whether to have the tempting dessert.

indeed, my life would be easier if i am not faced with all these head-splitting questions.

each day when i return to my apartment, i have a choice of two places to park; upfront in the visitor bay or behind, in the allocated carpark bay. of course, being the typical lazy one, along with many other people who stays there, often we choose to park in the visitor bay if we intended to go out again soon. this also means that the visitor bay is more often than not fully occupied, upon which we then have to make a tedious and time-consuming u-turn to return to our alloted space.

a few days ago, when i went to collect my car, i automatically headed to the visitor bay. halfway there, i realised that i have parked my car in the carpark. damn! the heavy box i was lugging along didn't help one bit. keeping my good spirits with me, i trudged to the car park. once again, enlightenment hit me from out of the blue when i was halfway to the car park. double damn! i did park in the visitor bay..........i think. *rolling eyes*

back i go again, re-tracing my steps. i wasn't really sure. i felt and looked like an idiot because i couldn't help grin to myself at this pure act of stupidity. the guards were probably scratching their heads at the antics of this lost, clueless dumbo. you cannot imagine my relief to see my car...........finally!

when i can't even remember where i parked my car, i think i really need some rest.


5 comments:

zewt said...

all these and it's about ... parking?

Annie said...

Here's some bubble bath salts.

Go rest! for both of us.

me said...

dear zewt: ehhhhhh.....don't knock it. when the days get crazy like this n u forget things that you take for granted...you know you're losing it. complain somemore and you'll be reading post about toilet activities......:-p

dear annie: *grabs the bath salt, throws them into the bath tub and jumps in*.....ahhhhhhhh....errrrr, was i suppose to put them into a hot bath first?!?

zewt said...

ahhh... bring it on!

me said...

dear zewt: ooooooo, toilet talk interests u??!?!?! *raise a mocking brow*. still, i like my readers and am not too keen on grossing them away....:-p

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...