Monday, April 23, 2007

my father's child

HD and my in-laws are there...i am here....

life goes on....everybody expects things to return back to normal. deadlines are issued, fresh workload given, schedules and demands made...but my mood hasn't returned to its original state. i'm trying to cope with the new state of affairs happening across the straits and yet maintain a normal semblance for others here. it's a funny feeling...things look normal..but you know they are not ....or should not be.



i am my father's daughter.

not that i am his favourite child or that i am not my mother's.

rather, i bear a few traits that closely resemble his as a result of genetic hereditary. i get that a lot, people commenting that i look more like my father rather than my mother. personally, i would have prefered to look more like my mother, for she is rather beautiful and attractive. again, i should qualify that by saying that my dad is not unattractive....but he belongs to the male species....and to say that i look more like him is perhaps an indirect way of hinting that i am more masculine in my appearance? i don't know.

to some, saying that i resemble my father is a compliment to me. perhaps because of the type of man that he is. to others, it's merely an observation of the truth. i have his eyes, single eyelids as they come. i have his toes, complete with the middle toe leaning slightly to the right. i have his mouth, his hands, his white hair and the heavy thighs that run in the female side of his family. not very attractive things that he has passed to me. still, i'm proud to be my father's child.



tag slain!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those three sausages.
Ha..ha..ha

p/s sorry, just a joke..

Unknown said...

Why 3 fingers? Third child?

Wuching said...

u have while hairs liao meh?

me said...

dear licky: *cracking knuckles* someeeee people ah, itchy to be beaten up *flying kickkkkkkkkkk* :-p i tag u also. not blogger, cannot tag meh? take a photo of your hand and send to my e-mail, so that i can tease u. kekekeke.

dear bernard: hehe. actually it's the whole picture....means 'ok'? just to say i'm ok, hanging in there. *grins* i tag u to continue this tag, can or not?

dear wuching: u mean 'white' hairs hor? yes, eversince my teens...sigh!

may said...

my uncle -- my dad's older brother -- once commented, "You're a vagabond! Just like your father!"

I took that as a compliment... *grin*

Jonzz said...

Ah the hand of ME... few live to see the 3 digits of doom and live to tell the tale...

*Cough* gotta stop watching those fantasy animes...

sengkor said...

ur dad quite young by looking at his hand.. 60+?

*run and hide in timbuktu*

me said...

dear may: i like the sound of that....'vagabond'...sounds romantic.

dear jonzz: yesss....n u know what that means? u hv seen it.....count your last hours, man.....

dear sengkor: timbuktu is not far enough for you to hide, man...my hired killers will hunt u down...

Admin said...

don't know about eyes or mouth or whatever, but you do have nice smooth hands

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

sorry to delete.. had a bad typo.

What a bunch of smart ass bloggers. You know with 1000 blogs, probably 80% are in the Malaysia or Singapore. LOL! You have man hands? LOL! You have lovely fingers. I have my mother's hands. I rather like my hands too. The only thing I got from my Dad is his narrow feet, his white hairs and his calm demeanor that masks a short temper. LOL!

Pretty hands!

me said...

dear ah pek: *scratching head* eyes low fah already ah? where got smooth? *rolls eyes* but so nice of you to say so lah *grins*

dear annie: tell me about it! why do i always get the smart ass ones *eyes dart to annie*

pretty hands? nice fingers? *scratching head* now i understand why ppl say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. *rolls eyes*

calm demeanor that masks a short temper? ooookay *tiptoes away quietly so as not to rock the boat*

doc said...

my daughter looks like me - there's no denying this - right from the day she was born. anyone who knows me will be able to pick her from a crowd.

at the moment, she can't decide if that's a good thing or not, not that she can do anything about, but i do hope that when she gets to your age, she might write a glowing tribute like the one you wrote about your father.

me said...

dear doc: glowing meh? not really lah...just calling it like i see it.

i think it's so special when a child looks exactly like their parent. it serves as a reminder of where you come from and who you are. don't let that tie loosen as she is growing up.

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...