Friday, April 20, 2007

staccato

it has been a very moist and wet morning.

my pointer finger hurts when i bend it. rheumatism? at my age? no wayyyy.

my two weeks of playing house is coming to an end. :-(

my guinea pigs will be moving across the straits to better susbsistence conditions....

i'm going to miss exercising my culinary muscles...

a summary of my two weeks....

pros...

1. i finally get to put my cooking books to the test...and i've got good guinea pigs who seems to have survived my imaginative experiments.

2. i finally understand the sacrifice mothers had to go through, though my own experience in no way matches theirs.

3. i lost 1.5kg.

cons....

1. i have bruises and cuts which i don't quite know how or why...though i spied a reddish tint on the ginger yesterday....all the better for taste :-p

2. my hands are rougher from all that interaction with fishes, garlic, detergent..etc...then again, my hands are never smooth to began with :-p

3. my outstanding work is piled up high on the table, accumulating dust....which has actually been there before all this anyway. :-p

the sun is coming up.

good news......the pain in my finger is gone.

bad news....it appears to be rheumatism after all. damn!


15 comments:

zewt said...

at your age? very possible la...

eh, you must tell me how to cook that fish and ham dish ya?

p/s: do away with the word verification, will ya?

me said...

dear zewt: what!?!?! yr way of tellign me i'm old, issit?! *gives zewt a kick*

u want long version or short version? marinate fish slices with soya sauce, cornflour, egg white. marinate mushroom slices with oil, sugar n cornflour. arrange ham, fish, mushroom alternatively. steam (easiest steam in rice cooker when cooking rice). sprinkle spring onion. make sauce of soya sauce, little sugar, cornflour, oyster sauce (if u like) (be careful not too make sauce too much otherwise salty). pour. ta dah!!

i still got lots of goodies..like onions with chicken/pork/egg, coke chicken...blah blah blah but i guess the ham thingy is easiest n less time consuming.

sorry about the word verification thing. was spammed once in the old blog. yes, u can get spammed in your comment box. loads and loads of nonsensical, useless adverts...ok, i'll remove it for now. if i get spammed.....zewt's going to get it :-p

me said...

dear zewt: aiyah, forgot, must add a little oil when marinating fish also. n when make sauce, use the mushroom water n must cook the sauce over low heat. and i mean alternately, not alternatively.....sighhh! all these mistakes n omission. hope u get it lah.

n my disclaimer: if it taste yucks, the problem is not with the recipe..it's the chef, ok?

sengkor said...

only 18-22 dun get rheumatism.. dun tell me u still 18-22..

me said...

dear sengkor: yes, i am!! how you know? 21 and 180months only mahhhhh....

Admin said...

mmmm.......moist and wet...nice.. i like it most when it's moist and wet...

Anonymous said...

Hey, you kept picking your nose with that finger?

Ianfluenza said...

Pointer finger? Is it from the mouse clicking? Hehe!

Wuching said...

i volunteer to be ur guinea pig!

Annie said...

I'll give you advice like any guy would tell you about your pain:

"It's all in your head, dear"


kakakakaka

Jonzz said...

Clueless on rheumatism so can't offer advice.

me said...

dear ah pek: *faint*

dear licky: eugh! soooo gross!! puhleaseeeeee, i'm a classy lady! :-p

dear ian: the other hand lah....

dear wuching: reallllly? *raise eyebrow* i've got many crazed experimentsssss.....

dear annie: hahaha. *high 5*

dear jonzz: ?? how lucky! *envious* pretending to be joung ah, mr jonzz?

me said...

dear jonzz; eek, typo. i meant 'young'.

zewt said...

thanks for the recipe. yeah, i know the problem never lies with the recipe... it's always the chef. which is why you said your cooking only look nice... taste is another issue altogether.

me said...

dear zewt: *flying kickkkkkkk* use my own words against meeeeeee :-p

in the name of friendship

i have met up with her probably 2 to 3 times in the last 35 years. she wants to borrow money, this almost stranger. i obliged, in the name o...